Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon

Go down 
+2
Comixtheinsane
Kaos105
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:54 am

Zach too had watched Kyuba enter camp. Something was wrong. He just couldn't put his finger on it. He felt bad though. Could he call that psycho his friend maybe? Was that it? Was he worried for the mad priest?

"As Alpha-III said Alpha-I all preparations complete. We can move at any time." Zach said in a monotone soldier voice. He didn't have anything to say or do. What could he do he didn't know. So he'd wait. He'd wait til they got off this damnable planet and figured things out more.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:08 am

Kyuba willed a starmap to appear in front of him he immediately noted their current location and found what he was looking for. "Alpha-I we are close to my suggested destination. At your command I will load the coordinates and send ahead a message to expect us..." He paused, taking a deep breath to calm himself. A cold chill came over his voice as it filled with an extreme malice. "When we arrive...no one say anything until we reach our rooms...the church has ears everywhere....any oaths and suggestions are permanent in the church...any promises made in that hall must be carried out so be careful what you say...do not accept any food from anyone unless i say it's ok....they will try and recruit you in any way possible unless I can sway the council to grant you immunity...and safe passage...If any of you wish to join, i doubt it but as a priest i am asked to say so, if any of you wish to join...tell me...so I can make sure I am your sponsor and you stay with the mission...other then that...no drinking..." He aimed the last part at Zero hoping he understood. "That being said...it is your call alpha-I"
Back to top Go down
https://projectroleplay.rpg-board.net
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:21 am

Lucas sighed. He knew he was in for an arduous trip, and was not entirely sure he was prepared for it. Having dealt with Kyuba alone was a draining task, but an entire church of men and women of a similar disposition to him?

However, whether he was ready or not was no longer the issue. The resistance movement would need any and all help it could get, and the Church had proven worthy sponsors in the past, sending Kyuba as a soldier and tactician. He was willing to warily request their aid yet again, should the need arise.

And arise it had.

Shaking his head clear of these unwelcome thoughts, Lucas nodded.

"Roger that Alpha-II. Send the transmission and coordinates. How close is the church base of operations? We are going to need a means for long distance travel if it is more than one or two lightyears."

One inconvenient point of the resonarks that had almost been all but forgotten is that they were shells, protective units which were not meant for interplanetary travel. Traveling long distances in the void of space is taxing, not only on the unit, but the pilot as well, requiring extensive rest before full functionality is restored to either.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

Kyuba smiled as he heard Lucas's response. "Distance is not a problem...in fact if you look up you can see just how close the church truly is. A large shadow was cast over them as the sun was blocked from the sky by an object so large you could only see part of it from space. It was the Church of Shiira, the largest ship in the known universe and the home of millions of faithful. It was the holy land the Mecca of the immortal faith. Kyuba was interrupted as he was hailed on a encrypted frequency. He answered the call and a small video screen popped up. A man in a dark black robe with a masked face spoke in a voice as smooth as crystal but cold as Ice. "Brother Genrei-" Kyuba cut him off before he could get in another word. 'Brother?...what is your rank...fool..." The man on the other end began to stutter as he realized his mistake..."uh...uh...I am a-aa-n Initiate...f-father..." Kyuba noted the fear in the young mans voice and savored it allowed it to fill him and chill him pushing to the back of his head the...feelings...he felt for losing his comrade. "You should learn your place when speaking to your betters...boy!...I want to speak to your supervisor..." He could sense the deep chill of fear that sparked in the boy the moment superior was mentioned, he savored every minute. A hood less bald man replaced the hooded younger one. "He shall be punished Father Genrei...your presence on this planet was not known to us...The council wishes to see you when you board sir...rooms are being made for your companions...and may I say...It is wonderful to see a legend such as yourself back home. Shiira be with you always..." "Good...We have wounded...two small children...be prepared for them."

Kyuba cut the communication without waiting for a response...The council knew...of course they did...they always knew....The council had realized what he had done...had sensed it and they would chastize him for it and he would have to prove to them he was still worthy of the cause...fine he would take any challenge even the council themselves...old fools...He resumed his connection to the others. "Lucas...they are ready for us...they will transport us aboard.

Kyuba sent the signal and a beam of light shot down from the ship and surrounded the Resonarks. Each pilot could feel a strange sense of lifting in their stomachs and suddenly they were in a dark hanger bay. Kyuba got out of his resonark and unsummoned it. Unsummon your resonarks and join me please...you will all be shown to your rooms...I will visit you all shortly. The same bald man from before sidled up to Kyuba and started to kiss his feet. "O unholy father...death to all...welcome home..." Kyuba kicked the man a snarl appearing on his face. "FOOL....you forget your protocol...when a Military matter is presented to the church you speak to the higest ranking official first THEN the highest ranking church affiliate...now quit your groveling and report to Lieutenant Lucas...welcome him to the ship and show him and HIS crew to their chambers..." He kicked the man again for good measures. Lucas...I am needed by the council...follow this man and take no shit from him...if he does any less then grovel at your feet...he dies...I shall see you later in your room...we have much to discuss...forgive me breach of protocol...
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:21 am

Lucas kept a wary eye on the man at his feet.

"Understood Kyuba. Any idea how long this might take? Are we going to need to meet with the council as well?"

The Church of Shiira was a volatile unknown to him, and one that he felt he desperately needed to rectify. If Lucas was going to rely on reinforcements and supplies from the Church, he needed to understand exactly what he was dealing with.

Looking down at the man before him, Lucas merely kept his composure and stood at ease, not sure if offering him a hand would be disrespectful.

"Lieutenant Lucas Wynne, Resistance forces, or what's left of them at least. Are you alright?" He asked as he adjusted his glasses, hoping Kyuba hadn't brutalized him too badly.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:31 am

The man rose and bowed to Lucas hiding the pain and embarrassment from his chastisement. "My name is Felra...I am your humble Servant...Lord Wynne...as it pleases Milord...it is policy that you be given such a title while on board this ship please allow me to show you to your room."

It will not take long Lucas...I will let you know if you need to meet the council but if you wish I can arrange it...sit back and relax you have had a long journey stay within the visitors suites...all your needs shall be taken care of...you are now guests of Shiira...enjoy it...few living have ever had such a luxury...

Kyuba stepped into the teleporter and moved himself into his chambers. He dressed himself in his flowing ceremonial robes of black and purple and wore chains of skulls across his body, each one a priest he had slain on his rise to power. He donned his Priestly helm made from the skull of a Wakoora...his planets toughest creature, it nearly killed him as he ripped its heart out with his bare hands.

When he was ready he stepped into the teleporter and moved himself to the waiting room outside the Temple of the Council. He was ready to face whatever punishment they derived for his...arrogance...
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:36 am

Lucas nodded with a smile.

"Thank you Felra, I assure you the hospitality is greatly appreciated."

Quickly he began to follow behind his new guide, with Zach and Michiko in tow behind him.

"Do you receive visitors with military business often?"

"Kyuba that's insane. You have faced a terrible ordeal today, it would be irresponsible and unfair of me to let you face that alone. If we are going to be talking military needs it would only be fitting that I'm there. Let me take some of the burden, eh? Something tells me you're going to be facing a lot as it is."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:44 am

"We receive many Military officers and world leaders who beg us to help them win their wars for them but sadly most cannot bear the price...or refuse to...either way to answer your question yes." He took them in a transport to a section of a ship that was a complete paradise, Palm trees pools, a beach with a lake. "This area is yours...food is available upon request your rooms are situated on the far end...Enjoy...." Felra backed away on the transporter and left them ogling at the paradise.

I appreciate your concern Lucas...but I must speak to the council about matters not meant for non-believer's ears....unless of course you want to join up...with your kill record...you would easily be promoted very fast...my level in no time...
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:47 am

A tight smirk appeared in the corner of Lucas' mouth.

"I see, sounds like the Church has some rather high standards which need to be met for support."

"As tempting an offer as that is, I think I'll pass. Have it your way Kyuba, but send for me when the terms of support for our mission are discussed, those things in particular I think I should be present for."

Looking back to the rest of his unit, Lucas gave a light smile.

"How are the kids holding up?"
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:17 am

"I don't like it here." Sophia replied groggily as she came to. "Why not?" Michiko asked, genuinely perplexed. Sophia looked lazily around at the seemingly luxurious accommodations. A frown took over her young tender face. "I dunno," she sighed, stirring in Zach's arms. "it just feels bad here." This child knows what she's talking about. It was a church of death, Michi knew it wasn't going to feel like home when they arrived, but she hadn't imagined a feeling this intensely disconcerting. "Don't worry Sophia, everything's going to be fine." Even Michi didn't believe her own words. She felt bad for lying, but Sophia didn't need to know the truth, the little girl had come to know enough truth for 5 life times. Michi vowed to spare her as much pain as she could, both physically and emotionally. "I'll be staying in the same room as you. I'll need help looking after your brother, but for now go back to sleep." Michi's face was frozen in that fake smile she hated. "And Raul by some miracle is still stable." She turned to Lucas's to answer his original question.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:04 am

Kyuba let the connection fade as the doors opened and he walked into the large room. High above him on the far side sat a panel of elderly men and woman who had lifetimes of blood and murder soaked into their wizened hands. He stepped across the rune coated floor into a central circle where the runes met just below the council. Kyuba knelt becoming just another shadow in the place and spoke without raising his head. his voice barely a whisper carried in the acoustics of the marble room. "Honorable Council....may you reap death across the galaxy...may your hands drip with the blood of your enemies...may you honor the goddess in all her forms...may you..." He was cut off by the eldest of the council who was cloaked in such a way as you could not see his face. "Quiet....enough with the pleasantries...you know why you are here...You broke a sacred taboo....you stole from the goddess and wielded her unholy flame...now you bear the mark of shame...but there is more you must face...." Kyuba did not make a sound as the council member spoke. "Show us the scars....shamed one..." Kyuba stood and removed his robe and turned his back to the council. Some gasped as they saw the severity of the wounds which had started to fester. "Goddess...preserved...." one council member spoke before being cut off by a stern look from the head. The head council member spoke his voice chilled. "You....your crime was worse then we had thought....the fact that you are not dead speaks to how much the goddess shows interest in you...those scars...they are a holy sign....none have worn them since the goddess herself walked among us Eons ago...her magnificent wings cut away in battle...she eventually regained her wings and once again took her place as the queen of death...you...you bear a holy mark...but you must still be punished..."

The council member snapped his fingers and Kyuba's hands and feet were bound in chains and he was forced once again to his knees. A masked servant appeared and knelt before the council who had stepped down from their lofty perch. "You will be lashed...100 lashes by each council member....if you can last through us all..and still stand...we will listen to your..leaders...plea...This is more severe than the normal penance for asking help of the church...but you broke a taboo...you must be punished."

Kyuba said nothing, he was used to pain...he knew this was comming and he knew he would succeed...for Lucas...for himself...for....Esperanza. The head of the council picked up the whip and clicked a button. The whip roared as it exploded in flame. It was an ancient whip that existed from the time of the goddess, it did not burn the victim but each strike filled them with the pain of an intense burn. As the whip fell Kyuba tensed but did not utter a sound.
"1....2....3.....4...."

"997....998....999....1000" Kyuba collapsed as the last blow was struck. The tenth and final council member replaced the whip in its holder and it was taken away. The council returned to their seats to wait and see what kyuba, who had not uttered a single sound, would do. Beaten but not broken Kyuba summoned the last of his strength and stood before the council. Rage fueled him as he spoke. "I passed your test...now listen to what Lucas has to say...you wont be disappointed." The lead council member spoke as Kyuba fell before them. "Very well...we shall hear your plea....take him to his comrades....we will send for them when we are ready..."

As kyuba was carried out of the chamber the council removed thier hoods. Most were bald but each face held a disfiguration. Some even missing an eye or ear. Each was a scar or various shape and size muhc like the scars Kyuba would soon have. The lead council member spoke what each was thinking. "That man...the goddess has plans for him....we all once dared to travel that close to the sun...but he has traveled the closest....he has touched the goddess...we must keep an eye on that one....."

Kyuba was brought before his companions, by a precession of robed men and placed upon a table, his top still bare. His robe was left next to him. The most elaborately dressed one turned to Lucas. "The council will send for you...in the mean time....enjoy...." He bowed and the precession left leaving the companions in silence.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Michiko became livid when Kyuba was brought in, but somehow she managed to hold her tongue until the crew was alone. Furiously she dug through the supplies they'd brought for the items she'd need to treat him. While tending to his excessively severe wounds Michi swore profusely. "I knew it, even Sophia knew it, this is a place of evil! What would invoke this sort of senseless torture!?" she addressed Lucas. All the while Sophia stayed silent. A normal little girl might have been shocked to hear an adult use such awful language, but this one was long desensitized to such things. Raul was tucked away, safely resting in one of the rooms they'd been given. "And this?" Michi took in a sharp breath when she saw the festering wounds that were clearly distinct from the lashes. "I've never seen anything like them, I wish he would have told me sooner, they’re horribly infected." She was going to cut the infection away and bandage the entire upper portion of Kyuba’s body, but the moment her gloved hand brushed the area a fierce pain shot through her being. She cried out, removing her hand immediately.

Sophia began to cry, but Michi was quick to console her. “I’m fine little one, apparently I’m not meant to touch that…” Her voice was full of anger and frustration. She didn’t know what she was dealing with, but had no doubt in her mind it was related to Kyuba’s religion. “Wounds that can’t be tended to… This place is an abomination.” Her words were again addressed to Lucas. “I want no part of this organization.” Michiko and Kyuba’s interactions up to this point were mostly uncomfortable, but the entire crew had come a long way together. She had no wish to see him hurt, and as a doctor she was oath bound to see to it when he was. She went back to her work this time making sure to leave the festered area alone. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” She said with venom in her voice as she finished bandaging. “I want… no I need the children to be safe before we are summoned.” She looked Lucas straight in the eyes. “That means we need to get them away from here. I don’t think any of us are safe, but least of all them.”
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Lucas covered his mouth in both shock and horror, swiftly moving to Kyuba's side and examining the wounds.

"What the hell happened to you Kyuba?! You're a wreck! How did this happen?!" Questions were all he was able to muster, as the sight before him left no explanation.

He looked back to Michiko briefly, a pained look on his face.

"You will stay here with the children. As commanding officer in this unit, I will go personally to the council that presides over this church. I'm not going to put you or anyone else in danger, and here you can protect them if anything should happen, understood?" He stated before quickly turning back to the wounded priest.

"Ugh, Kyuba...This is why I warned you to let me come along..." He groaned out as he continued to examine all of the vicious wounds. He knew the church was brutal, Kyuba's treatment of his subordinates was clear evidence of that, but whippings? He was not even aware such a form of punishment existed in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:11 pm

"Lucas!" Michiko shouted to get his attention. "You're not listening to me, that's not enough!" Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm inclined to think we are more in danger here than we were back on that planet. Kyuba is one of their OWN, look how they treat one of their OWN." She touched Lucas's arm gently. "You are my commanding officer. I'll do as you wish, but please PLEASE think about this carefully. I don't even want YOU to go in their. What can these people offer us that would be worth this!?" She motioned towards Kyuba's wounds. "He's a priest and he couldn't stop this from happening. If they decide they want any of us dead at a moment's notice it will happen. We are in the lions den. We need to climb out!"
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Kyuba coughed as he forced himself off the table. He ripped the bandages away in disgust. "Lucas...my punishment is mine to bear....I've secured us a meeting with the council...please mention no more...of this..." Kyuba said punctuated by bouts of coughing. "Michiko...the church will not harm any of you...you are diplomatic guests...this...ship....is legally considered its own planet....to attack it would be an act of war...The church honors it's guests....you have nothing to fear..." Kyuba gingerly replaced his robe and centered himself, forcing the pain to the back of his mind, willing his body to act as normal. He sat down at a nearby bar and ordered a stiff drink. "Now my friends...you have seen the dark side of the moon....please sit back and enjoy the brighter more hospitable side...please" The last please he emphasized in an attempt for his friends to put aside their doubts and let things be. He doubted it would work...but it was worth a try
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Lucas looked at Kyuba in almost disbelief, then shook his head and took a seat, interlacing his fingers as he leaned back in his chair.

"Think about it Michiko, we don't exactly have many options as it is, we don't have the best track record to speak of. Our entire organization has gone belly-up over the course of one concentrated attack, and all we've been able to do is hide. What we need right now are soldiers, resources, financing....We need a sponsor, and right now, these people are the only ones who would stand to gain anything by providing that. They want murder, blood. We can give them that on a damn platter."

Uncomfortably shifting his glasses, Lucas looked over to Kyuba.

"When should we expect this meeting with the Council?"

Slowly, he was realizing the gravity of the situation they found themselves in. No money, no food, no resources to speak of. They were facing unsurmountable odds, and he knew that just goodness of the heart and the offering of incredible amounts of bloodshed might not be enough.

"Is this going to require some kind of trade? I know we don't have much to offer them, but if we're going into this I need to make sure I don't look to simply be grovelling without something in return for their efforts."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Kyuba took a deep breath, gethering his thoughts. "They will be cordial...and civil...I have paid the penance for audience...normally it would be you..who would have had to pay the price...but I opted to take it while I was there...they will look favorably upon this....They will look into each of you...and weigh your souls. You will live out every kill, every drop of blood that stains your hands in a second, that will feel like an eternity. Then you will be given time to speak to ask for assistance....mention...NOTHING.....of my wounds or how you truly feel of this place...."
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Michiko wore a mask of obedience. "Very well." She replied dryly. "Come along Sophia" On the way to Raul's room, she stopped for a moment and stooped down to the child's level. "I know you don't like it here." she whispered. Sophia nodded eagerly in agreement. "I don't either." Michi looked from left to right. "That's why we're leaving." The look on the girl's face was one she couldn't read. "Well, aren't you happy?" Sophia thought for a while before shaking her head. "It's all right to speak." Sophia hesitated before saying. "You want to run away." Michiko looked at her incredulously. "It's not running away it's...it's..." Sophia's eyes were bright and honest. Gazing into them, Michi knew she was right. She thought back to the last time she saw her family. The choice to leave that gory scene had been made for her, but this time the choice was hers.

Michiko sighed in defeat. "Let's go see how you're brother's doing then." It wasn't until later, when Sophia was asleep and Raul's dressings were changed that the full weight of her decision fell upon her. Kyuba's words echoed through her mind. "You will live out every kill, every drop of blood that stains your hands in a second, that will feel like an eternity." She shuddered. Michiko Hoshi had only ever killed once, but that was enough to nearly drive her mad. What would reliving it be like?
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Zach had listened and watched everything in silence. This place was evil true enough. Michiko was right. Yet something about this place called to him.
He saw Michiko leave and was glad she disappeared because of what he was about to ask.

"Lucas i know your worried about having to trade something but i may have an idea." He spoke low and quiet. "Kyuba if one of us were to well join your church. Would that assist us in getting help?"
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Kyuba's face became a mask of rage. "Dont' be stupid" he spat, "That will make things worse...I cannot guarantee that you will live through the training and more then that...i cannot be certain they will allow you to continue the mission....Don't foolishly give your life away just because you think its needed to complete the mission...If you really want to join...in your heart....then THEY will know....but don't throw your life away for nothing...your call sign may be Zero....but to some people...believe it or not....your much more than that...Zachary....be careful with your life. It is a precious thing."
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Zach widened his eyes. Kyuba was angry. Zach closed his eyes and thought. What did Zach want. Part of him thought that joining this church would be a boon. Yet Kyuba's words struck him. Was the priest trying to protect him?

"I will take your words into thought my friend. I must think on this." He said looking Kyuba in the eyes. He looked at Lucas.

"Orders Sir?" he asked While falling into parade rest.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Lucas sighed as he looked to Zach, then Kyuba.

"Enjoy what little time you can to relax, we're not going to be able to do so for very long. Make sure your convictions are strong and your heart true, we're about to experience one of the most harrowing experiences of our lives."

At this, he stood and walked out, moving towards the other set of rooms he had been directed towards earlier, where his team would be staying, and knocked on one of them.

"Michiko. We need to talk."

Lucas hated not being as kind and considerate as he would have liked, but he was acting as a commanding officer, and he needed to make sure his subordinates understood the current situation, and how important it was to stay focussed.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Michiko heard something she didn't like in Lucas's tone. "Very well, I'll be out in a minute." She glanced at the children to make sure they were still all right. Closing the door softly behind her, she emerged into the empty hallway. "Yes Sir?" She put emphasis on the word sir.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Taking off his glasses, Lucas stared calmly at Michiko for a moment before speaking.

"I know you don't like our current position, believe me, I don't either, but you have to understand we have no other choice. We need a sponsor, and we need to make sure we can get back on our feet before we re-engage the enemy."

He looked past her to the door, eyes clearly weary with exhaustion and dread.

"Think of those two. Would you want to see them simply on the run with us? A band of misfits looking to take out a power far beyond us? With the church's help we can make sure they are safe while they are with us."

He looked back at her, stern and direct.

"Would I trust them with these children? Of course not. But think of how brutal a force they can be. If they brutally punish their own priests, imagine how they treat an enemy."

Fiddling with his glasses, Lucas finally put them away in his breast pocket and focused on Michiko.

"I need you to stay focused on the matter at hand, and I need you to trust my judgement in this matter. We're out of options here, and we need to rely on whatever support we can get. Do you understand me?"

Seeing the lack of reaction on Michiko's face, forcing herself to enter a soldier's mindset, Lucas sighed.

"Speak freely."
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Zach looked at Kyuba. He thought about what to say. He should ask he realized.

"Kyuba. What would joining this church do to me?" He asked quietly.

"Would it change me completely? Would who i am right now disappear?" He asked in a somber voice.

"Would it help us? Hurt us?" He asked meeting the priests tormented eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next