Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon

Go down 
+2
Comixtheinsane
Kaos105
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
arkon

arkon

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 am

Arkon followed Kyuba in to meet the boss in person finally. He seemed to be fine, in control almost even though he seemed like he was recovering from an injury. He knew where to keep his priorities it seems.

"I'm Arkon Umbric, the new member of the team. Nice to meet you."

He left the actual update to the second in command. He would know how indepth lucas liked his reports. That and to be honest he was never really a soldier so he didn't know their protocols or anything. He spent his life as royalty and besides the grulling training he lived a pretty easy life. 

He decided to stand against the wall with his sword across his shoulders, keeping up guard.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Kyuba looked around taking further stock of the room and cursing the lack of security the small shack offered. He was about to reply to Lucas but paused and glared at Naro who took the cue and motioned everyone else out of the house leaving the freshly reunited companions alone. "Finally...you wouldn't believe the trouble I have gone through NOT to kill that simpleton and the amount of trouble I have gone through trying to kill this one.", he motioned to Arkon, his frown turning into a big evil grin. "Lucas...the Crimson Forge....the one who killed Esperanza lays dead his resonark nothing more than a tomb but they have found us, and they were after Zach. Have you had contact with him?"

Sneaking between shadows was what Terry and Harry did best and they were truly in their element as they crept ever closer towards the unsuspecting medic. Nodding to each other they moved forward and closed the gap. As one both men faded to black transparency. Terry slowly sank into Michiko's shadow as Harry faded into her mind. Both brothers attacked as one, Terry wrapping her shadow around her in a bind and harry assaulting the darkest places of her mind unleashing the hell that lay within. Michiko fell to the ground stunned from the attack. Laughing, Terry and Harry faded back into reality. 
"That was quite easy Terry" 
"Almost not even fun Harry" 
"Time to call...him Terry" 
"Yes him...Harry"
Each man took out a communicator and spoke as one in an even practiced manner. "We have her sir. We shall bring her right away."
Back to top Go down
https://projectroleplay.rpg-board.net
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

He pinched his nose in frustration, clearly the tension of the complications they'd all been facing was taking its toll on everyone involved. He still new next to nothing about this newcomer they had, or their saviors. What he did know....And like that, he realized he hadn't spoken to Zach since before the op began. Well before then in fact, and he hadn't reported in on the link.

"Shit....There's been no word from him." And that was really, really not good. If he'd been captured, the Order might be privy to information that could jeopardize their entire mission. Thankfully Zach had delegated himself a field op, so he wasn't exactly in the know when it came to the most secret of operation orders, but the fact remained that he could be in a lot of danger.

They all could be.

With that, he moved to stand up, albeit slowly, muscles still adjusting to the days of disuse.

"We've got to move, we need to plan a counterattack...how long have I been gone? Have they regrouped?" He hoped they had enough time to finish what they'd started, give themselves at least a single base of operations to strike from. They needed a win, desperately. Resources were running thin, morale was low, and who knew how many soldiers were left? On top of that, now there was a chemical agent to deal with...things just get better and better.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 am

Kyuba smiled as he saw the leader he knew come back to Lucas. "Last we had contact was two days ago. Since then the enemy has had some time to regroup but they are much weaker than they were before. Their numbers have been cut in half at least. We could take control of this city ourselves with just a small amount of effort. That would be my suggestion as top priority. After which we can assess the situation further from a much stronger vantage point. By the way...where's mi-" 

Before Kyuba could finish his sentence a bewildered villager burst into the room. His eyes were wide with panic and sweat poured down his face. "M.m...mmmr Lucas? M...mmessage for you!" The boy collapsed with his hand extended blood poured out of him from several wounds. It was clear to everyone he was quite dead. Kyuba wrested the small square disk from the boys hand and it instantly came to life. A shadowed visage filled the room. "Ah it is good to see you all so well. I had truly feared the gas would have killed you and taken away the fun of killing you myself. As you may have guess I am General Noir and you are intruding on my planet. You have impressed me with your tenacity and your lust for violence. If things were different I would invite you to join me but after the stunt Father Kyuba pulled I am afraid the time for that is past. Instead I offer you two gifts." 

The image shifted to that of Zach who was chained and muttering in a dark cell alongside a girl who was wearing the unmistakable emblem of the Crimson Forge. "The first gift is knowledge that your precious Zachary Zero Zimmer is no longer on planet. He has been reacquired by the Forge and I hear they have some lovely plans for him. A weapon of that caliber would be a lovely addition to any army don;t you think?" The image shifted again this time showing Michiko slumped on the floor next to Noir. She wasn't moving but it was easy to see she was still breathing. "I had a feeling this was what would truly draw your attention. I will be holding onto your dear Michiko for now...If you surrender yourselves and your Resonarks over to me I will consider not hurting her...or you could simply come and get her...If you dare." The Image shifted again to what was obviously a city, an image they had all seen before. It was the very city they were in. In the center of the tallest building was a red blip with the words. "Come and get me" 

As the image faded a cold rage began to wash over Kyuba. "Goddess DAMN THEM BOTH!" He screamed as he slammed his scythe into the nearby wall in anger. "I expected this kind of SHIT from the dog but Michiko was smarter than this...What the HELL was she doing out ALONE?" It took a minute more of raging but he eventually calmed himself enough to regain his composure. "Lucas....You are aware this is a trap right?"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:00 pm

A growl rumbled in Lucas' throat as his mind ran with any number of scenarios.

"Of course it's a trap, I'm not an idiot Kyuba." He murmured, his frustration at the situation leaking into his voice more than he would have liked. Damnit, two days away and everything has gone to shit. Two days, and two of his men gone. Zach, re-captured, Michiko, kidnapped! Why had he not planned for this, why did this frustrate him as much as it did?! He needed a clear head, a rational head, not one that was angry and explosive.

"We need a plan of attack. He has one of our own, we can't leave here there, but we can't rush in without an actual strategy..." Much as some part of him wanted to run in and batter the foolhardy general senseless for what he'd done, logic was what won the day here, and he knew that would be what brought their team home.

"We need troops, and we need a lay of the land. We know our location, and we know the base. We don't know anything about what Noir is packing, we need to be ready."

It was time to be out for blood, and make sure they were ready to be destroyed for it.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Arkon was shocked that the team had been so crippled so quickly just when they thought they were finally complete again. The man was foolish and arrogant. That much was clear. Obviously the other two were hurting but more then that they were pissed off, and rightly so. But he had to figure out what to do. They needed a plan.

"Ok ok, lets stay calm. he wants us pissed. thats clear. but we need the upper hand. we need to make HIM pissed. let rage cloud his mind then we can cut the bastards head clean from his shoulders and put it on a spike to show what happens when we are crossed. First we need to find out what he wants more then any thing. what he would absolutely flip his shit over. Least thats my idea on it. It might take some recon but it will likely get results, especially with his personality. He thinks he has this. He thinks he has US. he thinks that no matter what we choose he wins. we need to find that hidden 3rd option." He said and for once both sides of nephilum agreed with him in his head.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 am

Kyuba shook his head as he listened to Lucas and then Arkon. "Normally you would be correct...but there are problems with that idea. First and foremost...the longer we wait the more time he has to rebuild his army and take us out by force. There also runs the risk of the Crimson Forge. They know where we are...they know how to find us and it is only a matter of time before they come back for us. We cannot afford to fight both them and Noir on a strange planet with the small army we have left. We also cannot just wait around for them to gas us again." He concentrated and added to Lucas Besides...when we were out we were hit by a strange gas. It caused powerful hallucinations and we were attacked by members of the Church. Lucas...something is wrong here and we need to get Michiko and get out of here as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:59 pm

He scowled as the report and the rationale fully sank in. Time was not on their side, and that much was clear. The problem was jumping the gun.

"We need to move...we need to make sure he can't track us....but we need to be prepared, smart. We don't have a lot of time...if he wants our attention, that's exactly what he's getting, but we can't be foolhardy about this and fall into his trap. We need our troops, and we need to make a strike ready to move out....Wonderful...it sounds like that might've been what we were hit with as well....We need to get a better view of the situation and make sure we have everything under control Kyuba. We're down two men, we need a team, not a three man strike squad." And it was true. Like it or not, they weren't prepared.

They needed backup, they needed more than just the three of them, and they needed it now.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:58 am

"I have an idea. This gas shit they used on us, is there any way we can get a hold of some? Maybe the miners can get some since the gas seems to come from here naturally. If we can use the gas to get them as fucked up as we were then maybe, just maybe that will give us enough time to take them out before they are even aware of our presence and if they are drugged out they wont be able to even call for back up. Granted I know this is a long shot but when in Rome right?" 

It was a long shot but right now they needed all the advantages they could muster. Especially since they have only 3 men to work with. He was used to working alone so the the small numbers really didn't bother him much. What did bother him is the fact that 2 team mates were missing in all this mess and if he screwed up it was more then just his own life on the line. He had to make sure they all were careful. He also had no idea how the boss fought, so he couldn't really preplan too much strategy in his head, and neither could Luke. This was either going to work out just barely or not at all.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:56 am

Naro poked his head in as Arkon laid out his plan. "Sorry to put a spoke in your bike wheel kid but that is not going to work. At most the gas gives us natives a really good trip." It was made obvious what he meant by the way his eyes rolled back into his head in remembrance of his last "trip" "There is a way to get you where you need to go though. The cost in lives will be fairly steep but my men know the cost of this revolution and from what I have gathered...Kyuba's men hunger for it. Mine and his men will lead a direct assault on the building Noir is in. This will distract a large portion of the forces guarding the building. While this is happening you will flank the building and come at it from behind. My scouts report that the defenses are more manageable here due to the limited access by ground bound vehicles and troops. Once you reach the main building you will split up and each take one of the three paths. These paths were once used as evacuation points for the Senators who resided in the building. The reason you each must take a path is, there is no guarantee that each path will lead directly to Noir, he is likely to have set a trap in all three but you are more likely to find and reach him if each of you separates." 

Kyuba smiled as Naro laid out his plan. "My men are ready to die...but you had better be sure your men can keep up." 

Naro smiled back, "Oh don;t worry kid...My men are willing to fight to the death and beyond."

Kyuba turned away from Naro and back to Arkon and Lucas. "Well gentlemen...if there aren;t any objections..I have preparations to make."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Lucas nodded grimly at the report. This was NOT how he intended for this to happen. He'd already lost two of his team, splitting even further seemed a rather green decision, but in this time of war, what other choice could be made? They needed to find Noir, get back on their feet, and put an end to this once and for all. Doubt and indecision still reigned heavy in his mind, but for some reason, they seemed much more distant today than they ever had before. He was calmer, more rational. Eased in mind. Today, he was ready to be what was needed. A leader, not just a friend.

"Alright, be on your way, get the men ready, and tell me when they're set. I need layouts, maps, i want to know full well what we're getting into before I send us into death." Now was the time to prepare. They'd been delayed far too long as it was. Now was the time for action and conclusions. Time to get back on their true path.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 am

Kyuba nodded and moved outside barking orders to his men but his mind was elsewhere. The council spying on me is nothing new but would they send an assassin to kill me? Certainly but why would they send her? So many questions...I will have to tread carefully. The melody in his head changed and he quirked his head listening with his eyes closed. In the goddess's name...any who betray me shall die. He opened his eyes and continued his rounds.

Noir smiled as he quietly observed the map in front of him. He was certain the rebels would divulge the information he had allowed them to retrieve. All was going as planned, soon he would have not one but four resonarks in his possession. "Well well little Michiko...your friends will soon fall right into my trap. For your sake i hope they can at least entertain my, friends, they are very excited and will be oh so upset if their victims don't at least make them break a sweat. Noir turned as he heard the door behind him woosh open. 

"Ah...yes, it is good to see that you have survived. You have been gone from this planet too long my daughter."
The shadowy figure nodded and flourished a wickedly curved scythe. "By the Goddess I will have my revenge on him...." The figure turned and stalked into the shadows. 

Noir chuckled as he turned back to his screen. "By the goddess...", he said mockingly "Win or lose you will meet your goddess soon...worthless child."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:34 pm

The time seemed to almost pass in a blur. A whirlwind of activity had begun, so much had changed in the last days that there was little anyone could have foreseen or expected that came to pass. This wouldn't be a simple task, and Lucas knew it better than anyone. Something about his time in that coma...whatever had happened...his resolve was stronger, stronger than it had ever been in his entire life. It was as if he knew secrets of the world and the war that even he couldn't fathom, but he would push them from his conscious mind. All that mattered was the victory he would bring them, that his team would rise from the ashes of destruction and bring the peace they all sought, well, all save for Kyuba.

The maps he viewed brought him no closer to the victory they needed, but they did bring him clarity and focus. Tactical analysis always requires the ability to see a scenario in your mind and spin it, it was something Lucas had always studied and practiced, but it wasn't until the hardship of being dropped into a situation that one could truly master any skill, especially not this one.

He'd long expected the Order to return for their "property", this did not surprise anyone in the least, but that fact didn't make the truth and hollow realization any easier when he turned around at any given time and his companions were not there. He'd never had a hostage situation before, nothing like this. A seasoned veteran would normally lead a mission to topple a regime, not a green squad commander. But in the end, this was his mission, nobody else's.

"Clear your mind" That elusive voice that he'd come to associate with Xander would tell him, and he would. A calm, rational head would win the day, not a panicked or angered temper.

"Status report." He commanded as he looked down at the desk in front of him, littered with papers and files. Dossiers and maps. It was time.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Kyuba pushed his way into the command tent, his normal confidence and extreme arrogance flowed from him, accented by his flowing robes and skull helmet. "Ah Lucas...just who I wanted to see." They barely had time to talk at all about anything over the last few days and Kyuba, although he would never admit it, had found some sort of kinship with the man he called his leader. "The troops are ready, we can begin the assault on your command but first I think we need to talk. A lot has happened since we reached this planet and though I hate to admit it, There are things at work here that are beyond my control." Kyuba glared at the attendant who stood in Lucas's tent until the man ran out crying, the faint smell of urine and fear trailing behind him causing the priest to smile despite himself. "As I mentioned before...the church in some way is working with Noir. We are out of contact with the council but somehow Teintra found our camp and used this planets fairly intriguing chemical weapons against us." Kyuba removed his helmet, silver hair flowing free. A stern look on his normally jovial face betrayed the deep emotion behind his words. "Lucas...I don;t know what to expect from this point forward. We may be facing not only Noir but the entire might of the Church of Shiira. Do not mistake my words for fear...I will crush those pathetic fools and make them bow to my power and the chosen of the Goddess. The last sight they see shall be her cold hand as it pierces their soul, devouring all they once were and will be. The last thing they shall hear is the sweet music of her voice as do all who pass beyond. It shall be I who delivers them unto her doorstep. I WILL CRUSH THEM WITH THE ALL MIGHTY POWER THAT IS DEATH! AHAHAHAHAHAA" Kyuba lost himself in the moment but eventually regained his composure. "Just know this...I choose to side with you not just because there are more opportunities for death and destruction but because you are a warrior and have earned my respect." He bowed and saluted adding with a sinister smile. "But if you slip, or show weakness...I will be forced to kill you." He broke out into his signature laughed causing the tent to shake. "Now...tell me, how are you holding up?"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:59 pm

It was all he could do not to break out into an uncharacteristic smirk. Time had weathered the walls between Lucas and his unusual XO, even if they did not always see eye to eye. The fact that he had come and said anything at all spoke volumes about how much had changed in the small time the team had been together. Lucas, Michiko, Kyuba, Zach, they'd stood in the face of adversity, and they'd all survived...until now. As he raked a hand through his hair, everything still ran through his head at breakneck speeds. Nobody'd heard anything about Zach's disappearance, Michiko was in the general's clutches...it was a nightmare. His bangs fell over his eyes in a shadowed visor, his eyes hooded in the dim light of the room.

"Honestly, I've been better Kyuba. I've put about as much into this as we can, the rest is on fortune to press us home." He made no mention of the speech that'd just been given, there was no reason, it was a well established fact that Kyuba would end his commander if he turned tail and ran like a fool, or a coward would expect. But his declaration of loyalty was what had caught him unawares, something he would have never said before.

He was definitely more pale than ever before, it'd been long since Lucas had a restful night's sleep, and ever since Michiko's disappearance an unsettling tremor had rested in his stomach. He was responsible, and he'd failed his team. He'd done it far too often, and he wouldn't let it happen again.

"Tell me we've got good news."
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Arkon had been wandering around the camp. Probably not the best of plans to be honest since thats how the chick, michi got kidnapped, but then again, she didn't have his telekinesis. Truth be told he used that far too much and relied on it like a crutch. He learned that in his hand to hand fight with kyuba. He was still good with out it, but he lost almost half his power when he was in a situation that denied his psychic powers. 

After a couple hours of wandering the camp, scoping out the soldiers they had and the weapons on site, He decided to head towards the tent where the boss man was cooking up a hopefully fool proof plan. It wasn't hard to find. He could hear Kyuba's enthusiastic speech of him killing his entire church and laughter. It worked like a homing beacon. 

As he entered the tent he wore his normal smirk and carefree attitude "more people like you to fight eh Kyu? I'm game. You guys are fun to fight. You guys make it pretty hard to kill you bastards." he turned his attention to his new boss who was still relatively new to him. "so what we got boss man? Any shot at getting the medic chick and the other guy back?" He asked. Sure it sounded impersonal and rude, but the guy was used to kyuba, who no offense was the walking definition of rude. So he wasn't too worried. 

As they spoke Arkon telekinetically brought out 3 metal spheres that began rotating just above his right hand absentmindedly. He was ready for his fight and he could feel the demon's blood thirst almost as well as if it were his own. He had to take a moment to re-establish the walls in his mind between himself and nephilum's two very extreme personalities. The more he used nephilum and his telekinesis, the bleeding effect became more of an issue. He found it hard to decipher who's emotions he were feeling, his own, or nephilums.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Kyuba decidedly ignored the psychic and acted as if he wasn't there. "We are ready to go at your command. This mission is going to be dangerous...and we are all splitting up." He looked Lucas straight in the eyes. "You need to prepare yourself for what we might see...what we might face." In an uncharacteristic move he placed his hand on his friends shoulder. "Whatever happens in there...don't die..." Removing his hand he bowed low and replacing his helmet as he left the tent in a flourish of robes and flair. As much as he hated to admit it, he had come to respect his comrade and he would need his help in the coming battles. Enough Kyuba...emotion is a weakness you can not afford... He closed his eyes as he walked letting the haunting melody that was always with him guide his path.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:52 pm

With a solemn nod he watched as Kyuba swept out of the room like a wraith. Still the ominous sense of dread and frustration had remained when all was said and done. There was much to do, and this resistance group that had been discovered, while useful, was still an unknown. Full of miners and people who'd known the old regime and wanted to fight back, or people who'd grown up under the nightmare and weren't aware of anything else. The problem was they weren't warriors. They were people who'd been thrown into circumstance, and it showed. But he would persevere. He would press them as hard as he had to.

Too much blood had been shed already, too much life lost. The stakes were getting higher by the minute.

With a slight nod, Lucas finally acknowledged the newest member of their little band. He still hadn't had the time he wished he did to fully study the man's history, but he could very easily tell from some cursory research that the man was wanted for SOMETHING, very highly wanted. And the fact that he'd gone toe to toe with Kyuba and lived showed that he could be a valuable combat asset. That being said, he was still wary, he still didn't know enough to trust.

"Get ready, we'll be heading out within the day. The goal is to bring our medic home...We still have no word on Corporal Zimmer." He let out a tired breath as the words left his lips. Every waking moment he'd spent on this assignment had been filled with concern for his missing team. Michiko hadn't come face to face with Noir since he'd ruined her very life, he couldn't imagine the torment she was facing. Zach had fought harder than he could ever imagine to break away from the Forge and from their brainwashing, and he was no fool, he knew the minute they got their hands on him, he'd be theirs again.

But this was no time for concern, this was no time for panic. If he wanted to bring them home, he had to act and act fast. They'd only JUST begun their return to the galaxy as a freedom force. He wasn't going to lose what few allies he had. Not yet, and not without a fight.

"Gear up, make sure you've got a full on layout of the field, it's going to be on each of us to take a path and hope we find them. Move fast, and keep a cool head. All goes well, and we should be in and out of there, and off this planet, by tomorrow."

But the words that didn't leave his lips were what echoed stronger.

Nothing ever goes as planned.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Arkon scratched the back of his head awkwardly. He felt a bit out of place here some times. There was the oh so serious leader who seemed to be all business, and the leader of a psychotic death worshiping cult where he was the chosen one of their religion, then there was him, the prince who left his planet, who was incredibly eccentric and seemed to be the most laid back person alive even in the heat of danger and nephilum made him even more a head case. none the less he found a place to be a part of something and help people the way he wanted. He just hoped he didn't find them to lose them.

"hey boss, you want my thoughts on this? I think you've done all you can at this point. staring at that blue print isnt gunna fix anything and to be honest you look like shit right now. I know there isn't time for you to get some rest but you should at least get some air before we drop and fight a planets war with only three people. You need as much rest time as you can get. I'd really hate to finally find a place to be, only to watch it die out due to a lack of focus and energy. But thats just my thought. I'm not exactly a military expert or a genius strategist. I just want to make sure we get in, get our missing medic and get out alive and leaving the corpse of an asshole tyrant on that damn throne so we can be off. Hopefully find the other missing member we lost." 

As Arkon turned to leave he stopped just short of the exit looking back at lucas "ya know, once we save the medic and get off planet, we should really get to know each other. I know nothing about you and you probably know less about me. As a leader that probably drives you up a wall. We can talk over drinks." and with that he gave Lucas a quick smile and left the tent. 

"you know there is little hope to find either team members alive and whole right?" the angel said, the despair at the loss of life hanging in its voice.
"then that just means we find their bodies and give the team the ending to their comrades they deserve." Arkon responded
"Then in that case we can take as many of the enemy down with them. send them all to hell!" the demon roared, willing to take any chance he can to take a life.
"Look, on this mission I'm gunna need you both. So you two need to get along atleast long enough for me to finish my mission." Arkon explained to both aspects of nephilum
"I will do as needed to see those fighters home." the angel said.
"so long as I get the blood I need I'll do my part." the demon said reluctantly.
"good, then lets get ready raid the castle!" arkon said with excitement
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm

All Lucas could do was blink as he watched this mysterious new man walk out of the room, and try to give back a smile of his own. The man was clearly far more observant than he let on, and far more aware of the situation than he would have appeared to the naked eye.

"I'll keep that in mind...Arkon." With a quick nod to himself, as he moved around the table in front of him, taking one last look at all of the files that scattered across the room. When had it last been that he could afford to take time for himself, a simple walk for his own enjoyment, do something that wasn't in some way motivated by the furthering of their goals? It had been so long, that he simply did not know how to answer that question.

"The burden of leadership weighs heavy..." he muttered to himself, adjusting his glasses on his face and sweeping his hair back. But this was it, this could be a do or die moment if they weren't prepared, and there was little time left before they began this operation. A clear head, a focused and rested head, would be needed.

It'd been so long...a lifetime ago, that life were simple. If only things could have been as simple as they'd been when he were a child. If only life could have been so cut and dry. But nothing was ever simple. Nothing was cut and dry. Lives depended on him now, and he would not waver. He was strong now, a leader. An inferno burned in his belly that had never been there before, something about this world had changed him, and he wasn't sure what it was, but in the end it didn't matter. This was who he was now, and he'd be damned if he let someone in and destroy everything he'd built. Lucas Wynne was not that man. Not anymore.

"Not ever again..."

He stepped out of the tent where he'd set up his camp, and simply stared at the sky. A walk. A single, walk, and then get ready.

It was time.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Thump thump.... He sat in the dark, the only sound the pumping of his heart pounding blood through his body. Adrenaline built within him as images of the slaughter that was to come race across his mind. It started as a low rumble but then grew into a cacophonous storm as the cultists and resistance members worked themselves into a fury. Thump..Thump.... Kyuba stood and shook as he opened the flood gates and let the adrenaline flow through him. Stepping out into the light to the cheer of the crowd Kyuba stared at them all menacingly. 

He chose to appear before them bare headed, silver hair flowing behind him in the light wind. "SILENCE!" His voice rang out above the crowed amplified by some unknown means. The crowd became silent so quickly the lack of sound weighed heavily on everyone to the point it was almost deafening. "THERE WILL BE DEATH THIS DAY!" The crowed erupted with a primal rage and fury that shook the very ground. "MANY OF THOSE DEATHS SHALL BE YOUR OWN! BUT MORE SHALL BE OF THE ENEMY! FOR EVERY ONE OF US TO FALL 10 SOULS SHALL BE RELEASED UNTO THE UNENDING TORMENT OF THE GODDESS! THOSE OF YOU WHO DIE TODAY SHALL EARN THEIR PLACE AT THE TABLE OF THE UNHOLY MOTHER WHERE YOU SHALL FEAST UPON THE SOULS OF THE DAMNED FOR ALL ETERNITY. GO FORTH AND DIE!" Kyuba rose above the crowed trailing dark crackling energy. As he passed over the amalgamation of cultists and resistance members a roar broke out from the crowd that shattered windows. As he reached his apex Kyuba projected a colossal image of the Goddess. The hauntingly beautiful image pointed a finger at the capitol building. It spoke in a haunting melody. "Death knocks upon your door Noir...Shall you open up and face it? Or will you cower as it overruns you? It matters not...for I am coming for you!" The image and Kyuba disappeared in a flash of dark energy causing the crowed to erupt in further frenzies. As one the mass of crazed men and women surged into position. 

Lucas....everything is ready. Kyuba collapsed in his tent. Grasping his chest he coughed up a sizable amount of blood. "Damn....I thought I had finally moved beyond this...No matter..." Kyuba forced himself up and places his helmet on his head. Existing the tent he summoned Kiri'Tas and headed to the rendezvous point.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:31 pm

The time hadn't been as relaxing as he'd hoped it would be. A simple walk through the makeshift base of operations was more a solemn reminder of what was to come than it was a moment to reminisce. The buildings that had been commandeered for the operations were in shambles, people scrambled about trying to get any assorted tasks completed before someone else asked them to do anything else. This shining city that had once been the pride and joy of Michiko's people was a husk. Just like so much of her world had become.

The dreams hadn't quieted as the weeks passed, none of the things he'd hoped would become clearer had in fact, it only seemed to become more clouded and complex, like so many other things. Things he didn't have time to sit and ponder, not with so much on the line.

Lucas' comforting walk had lasted little more than a few minutes before he willed himself to return to the tent, before his mind went anywhere else he'd rather it didn't. Frustrated and tired, he looked in a mirror that he'd pulled in on a whim. He looked exhausted. His face was pale, he hadn't shaved in weeks, his hair was mussed and his uniform in tatters. Oh if High Command could see him now...

Taking a few minutes to ATTEMPT to at least appear well-kempt for the troops who he knew would look to them for answers, he sat down and tried to clean himself up, not once letting his mind slip from any of the important tasks he needed to think on. Where would these men get supplies when they were done? War wasn't cut and dry, eliminating one man wouldn't end tyranny. Where would they get food? How would the government be rebuilt? Who would lead it? So many questions, and so little time to handle them all...

His head began to pound furiously as he slicked back his hair, eyes practically burning out of his skull. With a stifled grunt of agitation, he slammed his eyes shut and forced a palm to his head, simply trying to will back the silence. Just as the dreams hadn't become any clearer, his headaches were only getting worse. For the life of him he couldn't understand it, it was as if his eyes were simply rejecting existence half the time, or an anvil punching through his skull. It was maddening.

Finally the silence returned, able to think clearly once again, he changed, taking a long moment to stare at himself in the mirror. A year ago, he would have been in his quarters, dressed in his regimental blues, preparing for a meeting with Command. Now, he was in a tattered grey uniform, a dark green cloak strewn over his shoulders. He was a mess. This was the best he could hope to offer his men, a young man as a commander who felt more weary than many time-ravaged war horses of previous generations. So much was riding on this, and he was only capable of so much. No matter.

"Excellent...En route." With a simple nod to himself and that mirror once again, he looked over the quarters he'd provided himself with. Papers strewn about, maps and blueprints everywhere. It was time. He walked out of the room and out into the courtyard, willing Xander to his side, now with greater ease than he'd ever thought possible, and took off.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:29 am

Arkon stopped to look around at everyone. Every one was beginning to move out and from one area he could see kyuba launch into kiri'tas and Luke jump into his own mech who arkon had yet to figure out the name of, but it much like his own mech and kyuba's mech was just as big if not a little bigger and just as impressive. With that he gave a quick check on his blade that was strapped to his back and took a last look at the encampment. He had a feeling it would be a while before he saw this area again assuming they all survived. With a smirk he summoned Nephilum as he erupted out of his back from the tattoo of the angelic and demonic wings and he quickly was placed in the control room of the mech. 

"No doubt you got some fun planned for us, right asshole?" he said referring to the man who ruled this planet with an iron fist who kidnapped their teammate. 

with a flap of its mighty wings Nephilum took to the sky following the other two resonarks closely. The flight over to the meeting point was quiet on his end. whether the leader was talking to kyuba one on one he couldn't know. It seemed these mental communications worked like vid chats where you can establish a connection with other reso pilots and only those on that specific channel can hear the conversation. He could tell mostly cause there were moments often when it seemed kyuba and luke could just look at each other and get an entire conversation across so either they were really good at reading each other or they were having a private conversation mentally. That also meant that he didn't have to worry about them hearing his thoughts. There was apparently much he needed to learn about being a reso pilot that he didn't know due to his years of solitude. He intended to catch up as quick as he could.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:34 am

It was a quiet night when all hell broke loose. Bullets and beams of energy pierced the air as screams of pain and the sounds of battle filled the night with a cacophonous roar. The Resonarks quickly and silently moved into position. Kyuba's played the plan over and over in his mind, chiding himself silently for all his doubts. 

"If you wish to live...listen...", Kyuba hissed as his gaze shifted from the map before him and his comrades. "We know of three entrances into the capitol building. Each is weakly guarded, enough for us to break through with our resonarks." He indicated the three openings on the map in front of him. "It is safe to say this...is a trap. It is also safe to say we have no choice. No matter how much I would enjoy smashing through nearly endless waves of grunts time is limited. The Forge knows where we are and Noir has our medic...To increase chance of survival and mission success we will each take a different path." Kyuba moved his fingers up each path indicating several spots on the map. "Here is where each tunnel starts to gradually shrink. We will need to unsummon our resonarks here. A bit further along each path is a small room..., this is as far as my scouts got before they joined the goddess at her side. Whoever lives will push on to find michiko and end Noir. Gentlemen, the Goddess watches."

Shaking his head he brought himself back to the present. "Begin Assault on my mark. GO!" Kiri'tas swooped down upon the feeble gun towers and defenses easily smashing through them. Kyuba let his thoughts drift away as he lost himself in the thrill of the hunt. Soon enough he was in and his thoughts once again turned onto the mission ahead. "Lucas...i'm in...", no reply, it was as if the connection that bound the pilots together was gone. "DAMN....there must be something blocking minor psychic energy..." Kyuba smiled as a thought came to mind, "Looks like the rookie is going to have one hell of a headache." With that thought in mind Kyuba unsummoned kiri'tas and charged forward, eager to find what lay ahead.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 pm

The palace was a sight, that much was certain. A stunning building, with rounded columns and spires, the white marble practically lit the night sky, almost gleaming against the security towers. It was clear the building was a wonder of Vesdasteri, meant as a crowning achievement for what their hard work could accomplish, a capital, a palace, meant to house the current ruling body and unite the people. Now, it was a bloody mess, splotches of dried and brown flakes splattering the marble, black banners draped from the spires. Spotlights coated the area, dotted around a number of guard towers that had been constructed in a perimeter.

It was safe to say that the capital building for the Vesdasterian government was more beautiful in times long past than it would be today.

As Xander approached the perimeter, Lucas ran through the paths listed on Kyuba's map layout. It was time to begin the operation, and see where each of their team would move. Kyuba's initial launch gave the element of surprise, which meant there was time to make an overview of the situations at hand. Continuing through the field under cover of darkness, he made several last minute checks, preparing for the excursion, and dismissed the mighty titan, landing in a roll on the ground and springing up to his feet.

Taking an immediate hard left, he barreled into the darkness of one of the three hallways, the faint twinge of a neon blue hue following him into the night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next