Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon

Go down 
+2
Comixtheinsane
Kaos105
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:57 am

Lucas' eyes watered as the odors and noxious fumes began to pour into his body, and his body tensed as he realized just how close the two of them were to death, once more because of his indecision. Before his mind could catch up to his body, he grabbed Michi's hand with the force of a clamp and tore through the door, quickly closing it behind them and pressing his back to the frame, panting as he slowly began to repiece his mind together.

"Kyuba we've been compromised, it's time! Get everything moving, this is our only shot at this!"

Hoping his instructions would be enough to inspire enough of Kyuba's creativity to neutralize the security detail, but right now, his only concern was making sure they were still alive.

"Michi, get ready, they have to know where we are...."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Kyuba's grin was wiped off his face as he received the frantic message. "Shit...looks like our strategy is changing." He keyed the Comms and barked out orders to his troops. "ALL FORWARD CHARGE ATTACK GO GO GO! RAIN DESTRUCTION DOWN UPON THEM COMRADES. MAKE EVERY KILL COUNT. MAKE IT MESSY MAKE IT BLOODY AND MOST OF ALL KILL FOR THE GODDESS! NOW CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Kiri'tas charged forward as his small army surged upon the supply depot. It was chaos. Mortars boomed and muzzles flashed as hell erupted on the surface of Vesdasteri. "Scouts spread out towards the city. I want reports every 5 minutes on the movement of the enemy. If they don't start sending troops in the next 10 minutes I want to know about it. Left flank take our their anti tank division. Right flank take down the mech housing. Some of the fools haven't reached them yet! MOVE!"

Everything was going well, his troops had the upper hand which was expected, this was after all the easy part. The panel to his right flashed red, he frowned. "Damn it....they wont take the bait." Something came to mind and he sent out a quick scan. "THE FOOL!" The flagship was jamming the communications of the supply depot. "MIRIK! DAMNIT MIRIK ANSWER ME!" There was nothing but silence. He felt himself fade away from his body as he reached out with his mind. There was a reason why the flagship was his but few people knew why. The Hellion was keyed in to his own mental signature much the same way that Kiri'Tas was. Of course the technology was much less sophisticated and he could only control basic functions. He couldn't "feel" like he could through Kiri'tas but he could "see" through the security cameras. Zoning in on the bridge he felt a rage wash over him. What he saw was a mutiny. His crew had turned against him. This was not what sent him into a rage. This was normal for him, sabotaging a superior officer was expected. What pissed him off was the sight of Mirik sitting in HIS chair controlling HIS ship. He tried again to send a comm message to Mirik. His rage grew ever hotter as the fool turned off the Comm system. 

Kyuba smiled, Mirik was dead but he would have some fun with him first. He first turned off the comm jammer aimed at the camp. Immediately he registered frantic SOS messages being sent from the base. "Good...now to make this traitorous bastard pay...."

Mirik shifted uncomfortably as the familiar feeling of his stomach turning inside out washed over him. Hiding his discomfort he stepped out of the transporter onto the familiar metallic floors of the command ship. The normally busy transporter bay was empty except for one technician who fell into line behind him as he exited. It was only him and 6 other members left on the ship and the rest were conveniently located on the bridge, exactly where he wanted them. Mirik was risking a great deal acting with initiative like this.the plan was to get Kyuba and the disgraceful creatures he calls comrades killed and steal his ship dealing with the Hellion Contingency and all the council's problems in one swift blow. Although the risk was great the reward was worth it. Not only would he be elevated to Kyuba's former rank, the council would be in his debt! They might even make him a member, but first he had to deal with the crew. All loyal soldiers of the Hellion Contingency these men and women would never turn upon their Commander. "Well", Mirik thought to himself, they will have no choice in the matter. My little friends will see to that." 

As he stepped onto the bridge he pressed several keys on his wrist pad and sat down in the Commander's chair. "This bridge belongs to me. As do you all I am your Commanding Officer and Ranking Father. Disobeying my Commands will NOT be tolerated. Do I make myself clear?" He stared at the shocked expressions on the crew's faces. The helmsman, a big brutish creature, was the first to react. Standing up he advanced upon Mirik who sat calmly as the big man began to tower over him. The helmsman practically spat the words. "Father Mirik, we received express orders from High Father Kyuba that we are to listen to no instructions but HIS. YOU will remove yourself from this chair before I do it myself!" Mirik saw the mirrored expressions on the rest of the crew's faces and only smiled. In a calm and steady voice he repeated his order. I said...Do I make myself...clear." The expression of confusion that flew across the faces of the crew as they snapped into attention and sounded "Yes Sir!" was priceless. Even more priceless was the look fo sheer rage that quickly replaced the surprise as the helmsman returned to his post. 

"As I said....I am your Commander. You will obey me without question. The nanobots that I have been slowly introducing into your bloodstream will see to that. But don't worry, your shame shall soon be over. You will meet the goddess soon enough! Comms Officer! I want NO communications leaving the supply depot. Block all SOS signals." Everything was going according to plan. If no call for reinforcements came then the guards would not be called away from Lucas and the other heathens and they would easily be dispatched. Then he would shut down the jammer and all the troops on Vesdasteri would crush Kyuba and his Hellion Contingency into dust! Suddenly Kyuba's voice came over the comms. How did he find out? It doesn't matter he can do NOTHING about it. He shut off the communicator and sat back watching his plans come to fruition. 

He felt his blood freeze as Kyubas voice seemed to drip from every corner of the bridge. "Mirik.....you made a huge mistake....how DARE you even think to cross me!" Fear washed over Mirik as he attempted to maintain his air of superiority. "Very clever Commander....you hacked the comm system but there is nothing you can do. You may be able to warn your friends but if you do we shall blow them and the sewers they inhabit to smithereens." A smile crept back on his face. He was still in command. This was his ship. His confidence growing he laughed, "You stupid fool. I outsmarted you. Your crew is under my control, against their will, Commander Kyuba, I hereby remove you from your Command and sentence you to death!" Cold icy laughter filled the room as the lights dimmed creating an eerie atmosphere that seemed to suck all warmth from the room. "You stupid fool..I am the SUPREME COMMANDER OF THE HELLION CONTINGENCY. YOU COULDN'T DARE HOPE TO OUTSMART ME! Your life...all your lives belong to me in the service of the Goddess and I am given the SUPREME right to spend your lives as I see fit. You have no right to sentence me! Mirik...you will pay for the lives of every member of this contingency that you have killed." One by one each of the crew burst into blue flames and died. Mirik began to scream as a blue light began to glow on his arm. His hellion mark, that bound him in service to the Goddess and Kyuba, began to glow with a bright blue light. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? STOP IT I COMMAND YOU TO STOP IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!" Mirik began to convulse violently as extreme pain began to wash over him. "Mirik...you have shamed yourself and the goddess. You have robbed me and her of six good men and women. In the name of the Goddess I demand you pay penance for the deaths you have robbed us of. I condemn you to feel the pain of all the lives they would have ended in service to Her most Unholy. Die well Mirik. I shall enjoy your pain!

Mirik writhed and screamed as his body burst into blue flame, burning until there were only ashes and echos left. Kyuba set the ship on auto pilot and served the connection. "Lucas...the guards have been called away to the supply depot. The main bulk of the enemy force is bearing down upon us. We will give you as much time as we can. We fight to the last man. May you shine in the glory of the Goddess." 

Kyuba then raised his hand signalling his elite force to charge into battle. "Men! We must take his supply depot now! No more messing around. FOR THE GLORY OF THE GODDESS!"
Back to top Go down
https://projectroleplay.rpg-board.net
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Michiko's eyes adjusted to the the sudden brightness. She frantically checked in every direction for danger. What she saw chilled her to the bone. There was absolutely nothing there. No buildings, no sky, no earth, only white space

The door to the sewer had vanished. "Where are we?" She said aloud. Her voice sounded strange, almost painful. "Who am I speaking to?" she questioned. There was nobody there and she couldn't remember who was supposed to be there. "I can't feel my fingers." 

What she was experiencing was a remarkable sensation. Almost like floating. Suddenly things began to shift. The white changed to a deep brown color. Slowly a figure materialized, something seemed familiar about it but she couldn't put her finger on what. Distorted sounds filled the brown void. They were emanating from that thing. It hurt her ears so badly she could feel tears in her eyes. Once they started streaming it felt like she had lava flowing down her cheeks. Her screams compounded her own agony as the horrid space around her refused to let any of the sound fade.

Meanwhile Lucas found himself looking a grand city. At the center of which there was a lavish temple. The stunning place of worship had a faint glow attributed to the star dust embedded in its walls. The other buildings didn't glow but the architecture was just as spectacular as the temple. Star shaped statues and monuments were scattered throughout the streets not following any particular pattern. The streets themselves were eerily empty. 

The sewer exit they'd emerged from was in the southeast corner. Aduro Mesto seemed small, but it was so congested with passageways and alleys that getting around was going to be just as difficult as it was in a huge city. There was no sign of immediate danger, but Michiko continued to stand completely still.
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:39 pm

It was quiet. Far to quiet in fact. As Kyuukenbi prowled along alleyways and side streets Zach wondered where all this "Heavy military force" was. Could Kyuba's attack have caused them all to leave already? 

'Who knows hmm? Pity  Lucas was to busy to use what you told him. Though it is odd that the streets are so empty'   Zero said amused. Zach grunted and shrugged. 

A sudden hail of gun fire broke Zach out of his musing. Kyuukenbi jumped back behind a building it had just come around and Zach watched as the heavy rounds ripped the building they hit to shreds. Zero seemed to whistle in appreciation.

'Who ever just tried to kill us isn't playing games . Those are heavy anti-mech rounds. Wait you hear that?' Zero had started off amused but ended alert. Zach did here it. The rapid thump thump thump of several multi-legged mechs moving closer. Zach had Kyukenbi jump to a nearby roof and a wide area scan showed several spider mechs moving close to their position. the scan also revealed the six armed and multi-gunned armarature mech that had attacked them. 

"These assholes have a Hechaton? Fucking great. Even as good as our shields are the amount of high powered rounds that thing is gonna put out is nuts." Zach spoke out loud just to make sure he was correct. Then he shook his head. This was gonna suck. Zero snorted in annoyance. 

'We've dealt with a Hechaton once or twice and that was long before we had Kyuukenbi's power.' Zero spoke plainly. Zach couldn't refute him. He remembered that the Hechaton's maneuverability wasn't the greatest. If you could get behind them their swivel was slow so you could easily destroy them from behind but there was another problem. The 6 spider mechs that had just entered the same plaza the Hechaton was in. Zach grinned amused at the thought he was about to voice.

"Time to get Foxy." He chuckled a little as Zero groaned. Zach took Kyuukenbi down into another nearby alley that was behind one of the Spider mechs. He watched as the Hechaton swiveled in the opposite direction and while hacking into the enemy coms he struck. A single heavy beam from Kyuukenbi's mouth followed by quickly running in and slicing the mech's legs and missle racks clear off with Kyuukenbi's tail blades before disappearing back into the alley.

"Fuck my mech's scrapped! what the hell just attacked me damn it!" the Spider pilot yelled to his comrades in panic. A gruff voice came over the com link.

"Calm down soldier. As long as i have this Hechaton you'll be fine. All of you turn and be wary full scans now find this bastard so i can shoot him up." The Commander in the Hechaton was not amused by Zach's hit and run tactics. He would soon find it difficult to keep his men safe as the scans showed nothing.

'It's really to bad that Kyuukenbi is undetectable to their scanners. Shall we continue the hunt?' Zero seemed amused by the fear the enemy seemed to be feeling now. Zach grinned and said only 2 words as he had Kyuukenbi pounce on another spider mech from a roof top.

"Hell Yes!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:33 am

Taking a moment to breathe as he realized that they were not being assailed by enemies, Lucas surveyed their surroundings briefly, making sure to get a good idea of what he was being presented with. They'd gone over this plan at least three times, but now that he was actually within the city walls, the landscape was a matter he had to take into account. Diagrams and actual landmarks were very different things, and the lack of any sort of population was one of the more off-putting elements he'd taken notice of. With so few people around, this could be either a blessing, or a disaster, as there was less of a chance for collateral damage in innocent lives, but, it could just as easily be a trap. Something they HAD to take into account.

"Alright, just like we planned people....Keep collateral to a minimum..." Time wasn't on their side, even if it seemed like the luck of the moment itself was, they needed to get moving, and get clearing out the city as quick as they could, before someone realized what had happened.

"Michi, come on..." As soon as he said the words and took the first steps forward, he knew something was wrong. The silence, the lack of movement...He turned back in the blink of an eye.

"...Michiko?"

She was unresponsive, unmoving, simply staring into space. He grabbed her shoulders and began to shake her gently. "Now's not the time for a coma Michi....wake up please...." He said in the calmest tone he could manage under such duress and terror.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:07 am

Michiko remained stock-still. Though unbeknownst to Lucas, his urging seared her innermost self with an echoing cacophony of torment. 

"Lucass s s s...." A strange voice popped into his head. It's tone was sharp, like tiny needles between his ears. "I know where you are Lucass s s s. Come and find me..." 

There was no way to discern where this call was coming from and very few options were left to him. Suddenly another voice intruded "No Lucas," It cooed sweetly. "you musn't listen! I'm the one who knows where you need to go. Come to me."

"Go left into that alleyway, I can help you." A third voice chimed in, robust and full of confidence. "Nooooo!" shrieked the first voice. "Come to meeeeee! Straight! Go straight!" it commanded. The second voice was just as insistent, but much less intimidating. "You have to go right Lucas. I can save you." 

The dueling voices were making things much much worse. As different as they were they all wanted the same thing, for Lucas to follow them. It was possible one of them were telling the truth. It was also possible none of them were telling the truth. The only thing that was impossible... was making the decision.

"Something wrong?" This voice was audible. The sound of shifting refuse accompanied it as its owner emerged from a nearby pile. It was a short graying man with a long trash littered beard. "Not many people come out of the sewer. I've been there once or twice, but it's pretty disgusting even for me." The stranger started picking his teeth. He was wearing a tattered brown trench coat and not much else."Oh who's your lady friend? She looks native and you..." He took a long look at Lucas. "Well you're not now are you? Those clothes say it all, you some kind of special unit for them?" He motioned towards the temple. "I don't want any trouble. I woulda kept my mouth shut ordinarily, but something here doesn't seem right."  This tramp was obviously ignorant of politics and universal affairs. He didn't even understand his own planet's situation.

"Lucass s s s?" "Lucas?" "Lucas?" The voices hadn't left him and weren't likely too.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm

"Fall back I repeat FALL BA-GRHK" was the last order Corporal Zinx would give, his life cut short by the scythe buried in his throat. He clutched uselessly to the handle of the weapon attempting to wrest it from the hole that was now his neck. All feeling drained from him as the weakness of death took hold. The last sight he saw before his eyes shut forever was the blood covered face of a silver haired grinning demon.
Kyuba laughed as the life blood of the Corporal splashed across his unprotected face. This was his element. This was his calling. He spurred his soldiers forward with a blood curdling war cry. "FOR SHIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The soldier priests of the Hellion contingency returned the cry with a deafening response. "DEAATH TO AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!" He laughed even more as his soldiers fell left and right each bringing more of the enemy with him. Every step and every kill brought him closer and closer to his ultimate goal. What he had told Lucas was the truth, capturing and holding this supply depot was the best was the best way to divert the attention of the enemy from the city but he also had a more important ulterior motive. Revenge.

As he ran through the supply depot searching room to room his rage began to grow. "MIGUEL I KNOW YOU ARE HERE YOU COWARD! I SWEAR I WILL EXTRACT FROM YOU EVERY OUNCE OF PAIN YOU HAVE CAUSED ME AND MORE. I WILL KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO HER!" His fury only rose with each room he cleared. "I KNOW YOU ARE HERE YOU BASTARD! TIME TO PAY!" Finally after what seemed to be hours of searching he burst into the control room. His scythe came down in two quick flashes and the guards fell to the floor behind him as he advanced to the figure standing with his back to him in the center of the room in front of a large console. "It is over Miguel....face the goddess like a man...or die like a coward. It matters not."

The man before him only laughed as he launched himself backwards twisting in the air to face Kyuba, a pair of wickedly sharp punching daggers aimed at his throat in an attempt to surprise him. Kyuba barely brought his scythe up in time to block the blades. Rage seethed from him as the world around him faded. All that mattered was this fight. He would make Miguel pay for his crimes. He would make Miguel pay for making him feel. 

Miguel snarled as the force of the impact jolted up his arms. Jumping back he barely had time to bring up a block of his own as Kyuba's scythe flashed lightning quick towards his throat. "So...you loved my sister? Pity she was always weak." He smiled as his jab invoked the intended effect in Kyuba who screamed and charged even more. "She was pathetically easy to kill. I should have killed her with the rest of my family when we were kids, would have saved me the embarrassment of seeing her later." "SHUT UP!" "I just couldn't bring myself to expend the energy on such a pathetic and pitiful creature" "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP!" Miguel's arms jolted even more as Kyuba's scythe accented each rage filled scream. "I WILL KILL YOU! I WILL FEED YOUR SOUL TO THE GODDESS PIECE BY PIECE YOU WORTHLESS PIG!" "I WILL PISS ON YOUR REMAINS!"

Miguel feigned a yawn which only served to anger Kyuba even more. "Good", he thought to himself, "anger him enough and he will make a mistake. If I can take him alive I'll get a promotion." The Crimson Forge needed more Resonarks under it's control and the death priest would make a fine addition. He could only imagine the surprise on his Commander's face as he presented him with one of the Sonarqa Nebula's most wanted outlaws. "Arrrrgh" A gash appeared along his arm as Kyuba's scythe scored a hit. It wasn't serious but it served him right underestimating his opponent and day dreaming. He would have to capture Kyuba first before he got his promotion. Luckily he had fallen right into his trap. He was confident his skills were enough to defeat Kyuba and as long as he kept making him more angry he would eventually make a mistake.

Kyuba's world was red. All he felt was a singular rising hatred permeate his entire body. He barely heard the words Miguel was uttering as he howled and pressed his attack. "DIE DIE DIE I WILL KILL YOU! FOR THE GODDESS FOR ESPERANZA!" Miguel laughed and pressed his own attack forward forcing Kyuba into the defensive. "What luck that I should run into you. Two of the remaining members of the opposition have fallen into my net! Soon my men will put a leash on that pathetic hound, Project Zero. We will make sure to "fix" him when we get back. No more running away from that one. What a stupid name for a project don't you think?

To Miguel's surprise Kyuba actually laughed as he resumed the offensive. "We agree on something worm! Zero is a pathetic hound but he would die before he let anyone neuter him!" A clang rang out as one of Miguel's daggers flew through the air, severed by Kyuba's attack. "As for me...I will not so easily be captured." He pressed the attack forcing his enemy to back pedal. "When. Will. You. Idiots. Understand!" He accented each word with swing from his scythe. It took all of Miguel's concentration to stop himself from being skewered. "Rage...makes me more dangerous!" Kyuba brought his scythe down in a mighty swing and sheered clean through Miguel's remaining blade and severed his head from his neck.

The body fell to the floor lifeless as Kyuba howled his victory. He walked over to the head and picked it up. He would be keeping this one as a trophy. The screen before him lit up and he felt himself go cold. Sitting before him in the seat of a resonark was non other than Miguel who was beside himself with laughter. "You idiot! Did you really think I would face you myself...you aren't worthy you pathetic necropriest." Kyuba's screams of rage reverberated around the command room as he looked down at the head in his hand and piece together what had happened. "Yes...you understand...like all resonark pilots I have a secret talent. Mine is complete and utter possession of weak minded individuals like the pathetic captain that you have in your hand there." The head in Kyuba's hand had turned back into the form of it's true owner. He tossed the head away and howled all the louder. "I WILL KILL YOU! YOU SON OF A BITCH! DO YOU HEAR ME? I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU!" Miguel laughed all the louder. "My my...you are a feisty one. Far to dangerous to be tamed. You must be put down. A shame really but the mutt will have to do. Goodbye Kyuba...die knowing you were never worthy to face me! Die and go to your goddess in shame!" 

The screen went blank as Kyuba smashed it into pieces, causing sparks to fly everywhere.He froze when he saw what lay beneath the wrecked console. A cold feeling crept into his skin as he said a quick prayer to Shiira and concentrated on the link he shared with the others. Lucas! The Crimson Forge is here! I repeat the Crimson Forge is on the planet! They are targeting Zero and I have been compromised. this will be my last messa-.

Miguel laughed as he watched the supply depot explode in a torrent of flame. "It really is too bad...now...to find that mangy mutt."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:50 pm

His throat was tight. His pupils mere dots in his eyes. His mouth was dry as sandpaper, sweat beading down his forehead. He wanted to clutch his head and scream, but the rational man within held onto what little power it still had over him, and Lucas did what only he could do: he wiped the sweat from his brow and looked at the man before him with a weak smile.

"Don't worry...I'm not here for trouble...Michiko PLEASE wake up...." Silently he begged, hoping to whatever deities lay in the heavens that she could hear him. His plan was coming unraveled at the seams and he needed to pick it back up together fast. So much had already happened that he hadn't even fully comprehended the fact that Kyuba was gone. All he could do was keep himself standing upright and try to maintain a civil conversation.

"My friend and I seem to be a little turned around....And she's not feeling well....How am I supposed to trust any of you?! You're all telling me to follow you, who am I supposed to follow?!"
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 am

Michiko wasn't showing any signs of coming out of it despite Lucas's best efforts. "Well lucky for you I was born here. Where do you need to go?" The worn man queried. He certainly wasn't an ideal guide but he was flesh and blood. "BOOM BOOM BOOM" the sound from before was back and substantially louder. "But first I'm going to need you to stop doing that." He was looking straight at Lucas and completely unfazed by the sound. This man's sanity seemed questionable at best. "It's up to you son. I got things to do, but I'd be willing to help if ya need it."

When the man finished talking Lucas experienced the first stint of silence since he left the sewers. He was in the field and one of the worst situations he'd encountered in his entire life, so he'd have to make the most of the precious few seconds he had to think. 4 choices... None of them seemed right, but one of them would have to do.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:54 am

He was there. The world was there. He existed. And then it wasn't and he didn't. This was how Kyuba Genrei felt as he floated across the aether. So this was death. An empty expanse, a void, darkness. He floated on for what felt like an eternity when his world filled with a blinding light. He felt gravity return as his feet landed on a solid surface. When the light cleared he fell to his knees tears streaming from his face. Before him stood the avatar of the Unholy Mother. He fell to the floor and began to kiss her feet groveling. "I am unworthy my Goddess." With a voice that was both serene and chilling Shiira spoke. "Rise Kyuba....it is unlike you to grovel. Do not embarrass yourself. You are the chosen of the Goddess. Stand proud and accept my gift." Kyuba stood and stared into the eyes of his Queen of Death. With a fluid grace attainable only by the divine she wrapped herself around him and whispered into his ear. Go now my child....bring death to all in my name....

It was all Miguel could do to not piss himself laughing. What a fool Kyuba was. "Father of Death....ha! What a waste. The fool was so blinded by his own rage that he couldn't even see past a simple Illusion." His laughter was cut short as the rubble below began to shift and disperse. "IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!" Out of the wreckage floated a heavily damaged Kiri'Tas. Cape in tatters, black armor shattered and sparks flying everywhere it had truly seen better days. Miguel quickly regained his composure as he realized Kiri'Tas was damaged beyond usability. "I do not know how you managed to summon your Resonark but it matters not. I will destroy you here and now. Say goodbye Father Kyuba" He fired a series of salvos into Kiri'Tas laughing maniacally as his enemy was blow to bits.

Or so he thought.

As the smoke cleared Miguel's blood froze. Kiri'Tas still stood before him. It was just as it had been before but the attack seemed to do nothing. "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? DIE DIE DIE!"
When Kyuba woke he found himself in the cockpit of Kiri'Tas. Looking around thoughts of what just happened were pushed to the back of his mind. The inside of the cockpit looked just as bad as the outside. Wiring everywhere, sparks shooting from the consoles. All attempts to interface with the biomech controls were futile. "What has he done to you....my beautiful gift from the Goddess....what has he done?" Words floated into Kyuba's mind in a strangely familiar voice. "Accept this Gift my child...and go with my blessing." Kyuba began to feel a knot in his stomach. The knot soon gave way to a torrent of energy that began to pour forth from him. He shook as rage filled him to his very core threatening to explode from him violently. "Miguel...I WILL DESTROY YOU! FOR THE GODDESS!!!!!!"

A violent flash of light blinded everyone in the area as energy exploded from Kiri'Tas. Pieces of black armor flew off in all directions creating small craters that killed both ally and enemy alike. As the light faded and his vision returned Miguel nearly pissed himself with the sight of what lay before him. The black cloaked heavy armoed mech was gone. What floated before him was the slender form of a woman, albeit a Resonark sized one. Kiri'Tas had transformed into what he could only assume was an avatar of the Goddess. Kiri'Tas was reborn. It cut an impressive figure with it's long silver hair and perfect form. Miguel, along with every other soldier on the field of battle could only stare at the sheer beauty of the Resonark that floated before them.

Kyuba felt the rage flow through him. He felt it more clearly than he had ever felt it before, but this was different. Instead of an intense heat he felt a cold clarity. He could FEEL everything Kiri'Tas felt and his senses exploded with feeling. Touch taste smell sight. He lost himself in his mech. He was one with his Goddess and together they would bring death to all but first....

"MIGUEL. I JUDGE THEE BY THE HOLY WORD OF THE MATRON OF THE DAMNED. I FIND THEE GUILTY. THY PUNISHMENT IS DEATH." Kyuba and Kiri'tas both one and the same raised their hands and a scythe unlike any seen before materialized. The wickedly sharp blade seemed to suck in all light around it as if it was made of the very essence of shadow. The hilt and staff covered in a motif of bones and death. Miguel screamed as Kyuba-tas swung the colossal scythe. He screamed as it sliced through his cockpit and he screamed all the more as his reality turned in on itself as his entire Universe became pain. All he could see was Kyuba standing before him as he jolted with unbearable agony. "Miguel...you have been sentenced to an eternity of torment. You should be honored that you bring amusement to the Unholy Mother." Then there was nothing but pain.

Kyuba landed on the battlefield amidst the cheers of his own men. They knew what they looked upon and it filled them with awe and a violent fervor. "Come and get me Noir...The Goddess is coming for you!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:18 pm

His head was pounding like a war drum as the situation continued to grow more worrisome. Time was running out, a decision needed to be reached, and he was freezing up. These incessant voices continued to drive his thoughts into the ground, no longer able to coherently organize his plans, and recalculate for the sake of the mission.

"Please.....STOP SHOUTING AND JUST HELP ME!" He begged in his mind, hoping that maybe they would finally stop bickering amongst themselves and give him SOMETHING to work off of. If these mysterious voices didn't stop fighting, he was going to end up following the man before him, and he wasn't sure that was the smartest of choices. Combined with the continued booms and banging, it was a wonder he hadn't exploded into a gibbering mass.

It was at this point, however, that his headache truly began.

"Calm...You must let your mind roam, silence the voices within. Trust your instincts...trust me." The cool, soothing voice in his mind boomed.

"Xander...." He twitched, another voice in his mind was hardly what he wanted, or even needed, but he tried to listen. He tried to silence it.

"I'm sorry...I just need a moment..." He opened his eyes after a long breath, a light blue hue outlining his vision, his sight slightly blurred.

"Trust me..." The voice bellowed. Lucas shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and took off his glasses to wipe the bridge of his nose. It was at this, however, that he finally saw clarity. Those glasses needed to go, he was finally able to see, and his mind finally began to clear.

"Follow my eyes...The enemy is everywhere..." The man before him was outlined in a bright blue hue, a box appearing next to him and beginning to fill with streams of data, sifting into actual words and valid information, and a hex-grid outline appeared on the ground before him, highlighting paths leading in several different directions, and beginning to determine where they led. Finally, a voice he knew, one he could latch onto.

"Could you tell me which way to get to the temple? Sorry about this Michi...you can kill me later." He asked as he took a step back, wrapping an arm around Michiko. If she wasn't going to move, he'd move her himself. He wasn't going to leave her standing somewhere by herself, so instead, he moved to pick her up.
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Zach breathed deeply to calm the adrenaline. It had taken a bit but after a short dance he had finally bested the Hechaton. It was time to move on. Then the hechaton's pilot spoke up.

"It's to late for you Project Zero" His pained chuckle after the words was disturbing. Zach growled a bit in annoyance. 

"The hell do you mean?" Zach got his answer from his sensors. Several dozen enemies were fast approaching. One of them though wazs quickest and was suddenly upon him. The resonark that struck kyuukenbi was large and looked a good bit like a blood hound. An angry female voice came over the com.

"I finally caught up with you Zero." The female pilot snarled. Zach's eyes tightened.

"Here for revenge Elise? Here to avenge your bastard of an old man? I find it funny that the resonark of the warden's daughter looks like a blood hound." 

" Of course i'm here for vengeance. Yet i will avenge my father by making you my pet! and hhat better way to hunt down a crafty fox like you then with a dog?" The dark humor in Elise's voice was definitely not lost on Zach. After making that statement Elise rushed her resonark forward to fight with Zach. Meanwhile her forces had finally caught up.

"Forward Crimson Forge warriors capture Project Zero!" called the Hechaton captain.

'Give me control' Zero growled. 'You can't beat them as you are!'

'Ok take it just get us out of here!' Zach knew Zero was right so he let him have contol. 

"Oh yes let the fun begin!" Zero spoke amused. He quickly dodged Elise's attacks and used some of her attacks to take out her back up. He quickly got within the guard of many of the Crimson's mechs and tore them to shreds. Elise had stopped and hung back.

"Crush him men!" She yelled commandingly. Her men went forward like lambs to the slaughter while she waited for the time to strike. She knew that Kyuukenbi would falter eventually and she'd wait for that time and then it would be over. 

After besting many of the Crimson Forge Zero was starting to get bore. Yet knew he had to be somewhat careful Kyuukenbi's shields were getting dangerously low. Thats when it happened.

"Now!" Shouted Elise. Zero found himself quickly surrounded by several Heavy warriors mechs wielding plasma blades that had not  been there before.

'Shit ambushed and barely any shields. Run Zero!' Zach yelled quickly. There wasn't a chance. The warrior mechs quickly and systematically cut off most of Kyuukenbi's tails and out weapon systems. Then Elise's resonark was suddenly their grabbing Kyuukenbi by a leg and throwing the Resonark with such force it's leg was ripped clean off. She them padded her Resonark over to the fallen Kyuukenbi.

"It's over Project Zero. Discrimen. Now sleep." The command hit Zero quickly. The last thing he heard as the blackness of sleep took him was Zach screaming his name.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 am

"no...No...NOOOOO!!!!!" Michiko's wails were lost in the tormenting discord that permeated her brain. She hadn't a clue where she was or how she'd gotten there.  The figure she'd seen before was gone, the world had moved again, colors shifted, but she was in too much pain to notice. "MMMMMM" something new boomed. "PRETTY" The word was barely discernible, but somehow it came through. Things very slowly began to quiet. 

After what seemed like hours the hellish noise subsided all together. "Papa please, I just want to try it on." It was clear as day now. A child's voice, full of innocence. "I'm sure she won't mind." it pleaded.

"No Sara, I told you..." Before the new voice could finish Michiko felt a sharp pain in her neck. With much effort she opened her eyes. "Ahhh so you're awake?" Michiko blinked. Her eyes and neck were the only parts of her body she could feel. "Don't try to move, you won't be able to for a little while longer. You might as well save your strength." 

The room was dimply lit, but Michiko could make out the kind face in front of her. She watched as he dampened a cloth and put it to her forehead. "Don't worry, you've been dusted is all." He was old, no doubt the grandfather of the child she'd heard earlier. She moved her eyes around the room. Not far from the old man a little girl stood eyeing the opal around Michiko's neck.  Not knowing what to think or do she refocused her gaze on the grandfather, doing her best to convey confusion.

"Ahhh yes," he started, picking up on the look "You were dusted, which is to say you were unfortunate enough to be caught somewhere the occupation was spewing their "dust". It's some kind of toxin the army dug up by accident, but they found they could use it to calm us down, and you and whoever you were with took it full force." With? She was with someone? Her head was still fuzzy. "I don't know if he's going to make it though. He's not having a normal reaction to it." Michiko felt compassion for that individual, whoever he may be. 

Meanwhile the grandfather's wife tended to a twitching sweat drenched Lucas on the other side of the room. "A strong spirit..." she whispered quietly. 

In the city of Lucas's mind he was exactly where he'd been left. "IIIII don't know can I?" The tramp's eyes began to glow red. "Ifffff I can will you follow me?" " He sneered as a worm peeked out of his nose and his voice alternated with the voices Lucas heard earlier. "It's a decision....and I tell you... you're going to have to make one to get out.... WITHOUT CHEATING!" The now insanely horrifying man reached a claw like hand up and knocked Lucas's glasses off his face. He then pointed out 4 different alleyways. "Pickkkk one."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:47 am

His mind began to reel as he realized he was truly alone. The glasses knocked to the ground, he felt his connection to Xander begin to waver, the grids in his vision beginning to falter and hiss. Something was interfering with his link, and for the life of him, he couldn't figure out what it was.

"Trust....thing...." The voice tried to speak, only to be cut off in hazy spurts.

"Xander...?" "Guide....senses...lie....trust.....instinct....voices....truth...." Luke's teeth gritted as he tried to comprehend his messages. Voices? Truth? Were they going to guide him? Could he trust them? Could he trust anything he was seeing now? What if he failed? What if he brought the entirety of their ambitions, their goals, down on top of them like a disastrous maelstrom? What if this was where it all ended, with Kyuba dead in the field somewhere, Zach nowhere to be found, and the two of them picked off in the street by some sniper or something far worse?

It was then, under the duress and fear, that he finally looked to Michiko's lifeless form on his shoulder.

No. That coward wasn't him. That boy who'd sit and run in fear of the darkness, the potential of failure. That wasn't him anymore. That Lucas Wynne died with the Zigrav, and his indecision died with it. This man was someone else altogether. This man was a leader, a fighter. He'd pulled the forces of one of the galaxy's most infamous organizations to his side, he'd kept a rebellion alive when all else had failed. Lucas Wynne would fight. He would save his team. He would tear this world asunder with his might, and he'd watch it be reborn.

Or he would die trying.

He shut his eyes tight, cleared his thoughts to the best of his ability, and listened to the voices and their guidance. He didn't know what to believe anymore, it was getting hard to think clearly, but he'd remembered that voice...that bellowing, mighty voice. It told him to trust them...it told him they were truth...hadn't it? He honed in on the soothing, calming voice, and stepped forward, holding tightly to Michiko for all that he could muster.

"I'm ready."
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 am

Zach woke to voices. Muffled as they were he could make out Elise and an unknown male.

"Project Zero captured sir." Elise spoke respectfully.

"Very good. The death priest Kyuba may be a problem yet. And we don't currently know what happened to Wynne and that woman." the second voice was gruff and angry. A commanding officer? Zach tried to move but found himself bound heavily. 

"Sir what are your orders for me and my men?" Elise asked simply. Wondering if he would send them back into the field. The man seemed to pace a bit before speaking. Zach held his breath waiting for the man's response.

"Get your new pet off world asap Elise. Put the dust into the cell to make sure there aren't any problems." The man said firmly. Zach couldn't see it but heard the click of heels as Elise saluted.

"Yes sir we'll be off world within 20 minutes." Elise was granted an affirmative grunt from her commanding officer before Zach heard him walk away. Then the hissing sound of gas entering the room could swiftly be heard and before Zach knew it he was falling into unconsciousness again.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:20 am

Arkon sat at the captains chair inside of his ship that was being driven telekinetically in no particular direction. It had been weeks since he last had a fight and he was beginning to feel cooped up. With a sigh he stood up to pace. “whats wrong Arkon? You seem annoyed. Nephilum asked him in its duel voice, “I'm bored outa my mind. And no offense but with only me and you two for company I get stir crazy. I cant even do anything but talk to you guys.” he said with frustration. then you might be in luck. Turns out that we may be near a war zone. If you look out the window you can see the ships sensor's aren't picking up anything from that planet to the right. Arkon looked out the window and saw the planet Nephilum referred to. oookay....what does that mean? For all we know it could just be a ruined old planet with no signs of life. he asked, not wanting to jump the gun and get his hopes up. That planet inperticular seems to be reknown for having exceptional sensors. The technology is pretty advanced. But more importantly it only went out of communication just over a few hours ago. And the last commotion we heard over their comms was that the resistance seemed to have landed and began to make The order more then just a little upset down there. I'm sure you can find the battle easy enough. they explained. Arkon suddenly looked overjoyed as he put the ship to orbit the planet at a relatively safe distance and he flat out ran to the main mech hatch. alright boys, looks like we are about to crash a party. Hope they saved some for us eh partner? and with that he jumped out of the hatch and summoned Nephilum to a physical form. Once in the cock pit he laughed as if he was on a roller coaster as he plummeted to the planets surface.

As the planets surface came into vision he noticed a lot of rubble. Then he saw a resonark that seemed to be a woman with silver hair and what looked like a small army behind the female resonark that was covered in blood and scrapes. Needless to say they were NOT with the order. Wasn't their style. As soon as he landed he opened a link with the female resonark's pilot. Hey, got enough war for us to join in? It's been almost a month since we fought the order and we were getting a bit bored. So long as you don't mind us backing you up that is. Arkon said as he got a look at the area. Honestly for the moment it seemed mostly ruins. He hoped he wasn't too late.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:06 am

Kyuba turned and stared at the newcomer as he sniffed the air. He was still getting used to the new enhanced senses of this level of emersion, so many new smells sounds and tastes. Something about this newcomer sparked interest in him. Whether it was the duality of the look or the deific similarities between he and it he could not tell. "You may join for now...but if you get in my way my scythe will taste your flesh!" He shook his head as he felt himself actually hunger at the thought. Total immersion was taking it's toll and he would have to finish this soon or risk permanent memory damage. He pushed those thoughts aside as more enemy troops entered the field of battle.

Screaming his war cry he charged into the growing army. "FOR SHIIRA!"
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:24 am

Arkon was shocked when the man responded. "Your a dude? Holy shit i thought you were a chick since your mech is a chick. but ok yeah i wont get in you're way. For shii-somthing!" he said as he noticed the warriors charged screaming. He didn't know who they were talking about exactly but he didn't want to feel left out. As a mech neared him blasted the thing with a ball of dark matter then formed a great sword made of dark matter and weilded it in his demonic left hand as he began to slice through the enemy mech's. One mech had tried to plan to strike him from the front while another would strike him from the back but he dodged it by over hearing their plan while patching to them "might need to not talk...i can hear you" he said and the two enemy mechs injured each other which gave him the opening to stab them both through the mid section.

He quickly took to the sky and began raining down black matter on them while manipulating the scattered metal debris into hitting them and blocking their attacks. It wasn't exactly a challenging fight but it was human contact. social interaction. plus fighting was fun. It helped him forget about the duties of being a prince, of dealing with politics, all there was to deal with was the order and the swift death to all who oppressed good decent people. One of the mechs tried to jump at him but gravity didn't seem to pull on him and instead he was flung into another, larger mech. The larger mech tried to charge him, but the mech lost his leg mid run falling to the floor due to arkon's manipulation of the metal. so naturally he grabbed the guys bum leg and began to beat him with it. "you really are pretty good at kicking your own ass dude." unfortunately the leg broke down pretty easily and he ended up just slicing the guys head off.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:29 am

The path before them was warped. Each step was a different elevation than the last. This pitted golden street made running impossible, one misstep and the two of them would take a hard fall. The sky was a brilliant pink slowly fading it's way into evening. The air was clean, but very humid. Large droplets of sweat rolled off of Lucas's brow. 

There was nothing to light their path in the creeping darkness. " Lucas, you've made the best choice." After apparent hours of wandering the sweet voice revealed itself once more. "You've only a bit farther to travel dear ones."  The silky thoughts it projected emanated serenity. A bright pink star came out and bid him to follow.

A few more twists and turns and somehow the road was smooth again. Before he knew it, Lucas stood in front of an enormous marble stair case. For some reason Lucas could now only see himself from the side. This two dimensional perspective made him blind to what could possibly lay before him, but like most dreams the logic didn't register. "Ascend my child." The voice summoned. 

After another lengthy trek through ornate golden arches and bejeweled nova statues lit by star and moonlight he reached the top. The world became three dimensional again, but that really didn't matter because once he passed through the white pillars of  the star pantheon there was nothing there. "Lucas, are you ready?" The question came audibly out of thin air.

Pain woke Michiko from her recovery slumber. "Ahhhhh." She sat up suddenly. It was just enough to be annoying, but not enough to summon Aurora. "I told you not to touch that!" The grandfather scolded his grandaughter. She pouted and looked like she was going to cry. She had tried yet again to remove Michiko's necklace "No, no don't worry about it. I know how children are, Raul and Sophia..." Michiko grabbed her neck in surprise. She could speak again, not only that but she remembered the children. What else did she..."Lucas..." She whispered. "LUCAS!?" She yelled aloud. "Where is he!? WHERE!?" How could she forget!?
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Kyuba smiled as he watched the new kid work. He would not be outdone so easily. "Sit back and watch carefully rookie....Let the master show you how it is done!" Kiri'Tas charged into the enemy sytche raised high above it's head mouth open in a guttural scream of rage and joy. it's scythe swung down as it bashed into the wall of enemy mechs. Soon all that could be heard was the sound of scrap metal hitting the ground amidst screams of agony. Cutting a large swathe in the enemy as he advanced Kyuba cared little for getting surrounded. In fact he cared little for anything except for the carnage around him, his mission completely forgotten, his men either dead or fighting to the last were hopelessly outnumbered but still he didn't care. Nothing mattered except for the multitude of new senses that flooded his awareness. " NOIR COME OUT OF HIDING YOU BASTARD I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF. YOUR ARMIES ARE NOTHIGN AGAINST THE MIGHT OF THE GODDESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" To accentuate his point he brought his scythe high above his head and swung it down in a powerful spinning arc. Orbs of dark negative energy poured forth from the spinning resonark as it laughed it's dark evil laugh of insanity. The orbs had no discretion hitting friend and foe alike. Screams rang out anew as both mech and flesh imploded in on itself as the negative energy began to warp like a thousand tiny singularities. As the spin began to slow one last orb flew forth on the last arc of the spin. This orb was much larger than the others and was aimed directly at Arkon. Kyuba cried out in laughter as the impending doom flew towards the newcomer. He had completely lost himself inside his resonark and he only wanted one thing. "TIME TO KILL A PLANET!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:26 pm

The emptiness did not startle or scare him as it could have, or very well should have. Lucas' mind was hazed and disoriented, desperately trying to put itself back together. After hours of wandering the darkness with Mi.....with this woman, on his shoulder, this alluring voice his only companion, he'd begun to slip into delirium. He knew it was important to follow the voice...something had told him as much. He knew wherever they were going was desperately important...important enough that his life may well depend on it. But the details were becoming scattered, fragmented. Lost to the void of his mind. He felt his stomach begin to drop as he took another step forward, desperate to hear his lone companion tell him more.

"I am...Who ARE you...?" He asked silently in his mind, one of the only questions that had hung over his head for the last several hours that remained clear and lucid to him. Desperately he clung to the lifeless body of the woman slung over his shoulder as he waited in silence, before taking another step....and another....slowly making his way into the empty expanse before him.

He groaned in the bed, sweat pouring off of his body as if he were mad with fever, his body in a constant twitch. Something was wrong with this image, and any who looked on it would know. Any who succumbed to the Dust's effects would have been clear, almost blissful by now. Something was desperately wrong.

He reached an arm up as if he was trying to grasp at something, but it quickly fell back to the bed, with a shallow groan of pain and discomfort. it was becoming more obvious by the minute. Something had him, and he wasn't waking up.

Lucas Wynne was dying.
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Arkon watched as the "mentor" decided to show him how to really handle the enemy and he was very impressed. more then that, the dark half of nephilum was not only impressed, but intrigued by the mystery resonark pilot and his ruthlessness. This was evident in the fact that between arkons feelings of being impressed mixed with his somewhat ruthless methods of attacking the enemy, the mech was already starting to shift to the darker persona. it was currently becoming 3/4ths the demonic side. "not too bad man, looks like you got some skills for killing." he said.

He watched as enemies began to fold into each other, imploding on them selves and he decided to take a few healthy steps back to avoid ending in the same fate. Of course that doesn't help when the ally decides to go ape shit and try to blow him up along with the planet with a very large blast of some sort of energy. He created a blast of dark matter almost as large as the one coming at him to slow it down while creating a barrier of scrap metal to take what was left of the blast once it got past the dark matter. "whoa same team death junkie!" He tried to manipulate the resonark of the guy attacking him with his motion  control and put his entire resonark on lock down. "you want to wipe out your own team as well?" 

"that lock down is your warning. You try to come at any one except for the enemy again, next time i wont be so nice. We can go toe to toe but lets not destroy a damn planet thats enslaved. We can try to kill each other on the planets moon or something? deal?" he said point in the direction of where the moon is on the planet.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Kyuba felt a weight being locked down on him as his limbs became useless. The voice of the other resonark pilot barely registering over the blistering rage roaring in his ears. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS...LET ME GO AND I WILL KILL YOU!" Kyuba struggled against the invisible bond as his rage grew only more. "I WILL DESTROY THIS PLANET AND YOU....WILL....NOT....STOP ME!" RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" Energy exploded from Kiri'Tas as it forced off the invisible bond and he launched himself at the other pilot. 'DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!", he screamed as he brought his Scythe down again and again upon the scrap metal barrier. Slicing through it he grabbed Nephilum and began to slam him repeatedly into the remains of the makeshift shield. 

When the shield was sufficiently scrap once more he tossed Nephilum to the ground creating a large crater. "DIE BY THE HAND OF THE GODDESS'S CHOSEN!" He raised his hands above his head and summoned several small orbs of dark energy. These orbs began to dance around him in a circle. He began to chant in a gutteral language; the voice distorted even more by Kiri'Tas's metallic vocal chords. "AZRUKTHA, EEAGTHRUKZA, NEGRUZKASU, BRAKUUTZU ZEEAH! I OFFER THIS SACRIFICE UNTO THEE LADY OF ETERNAL DARKNESS. MAY YOU FEAST UPON HIS SOUL AND BRING HIM EVERLASTING TORMENT! ZIIAAA NOGRAKATH TEREGRAH FOKRATHA ZUAAAAAAAAAA!" Kiri'Tas brought it's hands downward towards Nephilim and the balls of black energy one by one began their descent picking up speed before slamming into the crater with full force widening it by a mile and deepening it twice as much. 
"AHAHAHAHAHA TIME TO KILL A PLANET"
Back to top Go down
arkon

arkon

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 am

As the blows rained down on the barrier he tried to reinforce it but it did end up getting destroyed. Of course the guy didn't stop at just breaking his barrier but he thrashed him to the ground, each slam enraging Arkon all the more. He finally got slammed down one last time and a bunch of dark orbs began their decent as the frenimy began chanting and from the sounds of it he was to be a sacrifice to his goddess. The last thing Arkon could manage to get out was "I WILL NOT BE SACRIFICED, AND DEFINATELY NOT BY A FOOL SUCH AS YOU!" and with that the pilot became knocked out as Nephilum became the Demon completely. He flew up out of the crater grabbing Kiri'Tas by the mid section taking him to the ground and straddled him on the ground and began raining slashes and fists down on him, coated in dark matter with an eerie deep distorted voice, a singular voice for the first time since touch down on the planet. "You should prove to be a worthy opponent, I'll enjoy killing you, then I, and I alone will kill this planet." He then grabbed Kiri'Tas by the face and launched him into a near by wall and began a volly of dark matter bolts being shot at him.

Inside the knocked out pilots head the soothing voice of the angel tried to coax him into being awake so he could stop his more violent half from going on a rampage that would only have one outcome, win or lose, and that would be the destruction of this whole planet and all who live on it.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 am

Pain exploded into Kyuba as he felt every blow from Nephilim. The pain was unreal but his rage simply grew even larger to block out the pain. He screamed as he swung his scythe into position. He managed to deflect a few of the bolts of dark energy but some made it past his defenses and slammed into him. He grunted but screamed all the louder as he advanced towards nephilim. "THIS PLANET BELONGS TO THE GODDESS! SHE COMMANDS THAT YOU MUST DIE!" Blue flame erupted from him, coating him like a shield. He raised his flaming scythe into the air and swung towards Nephilim. From the arc of the blade, a torrent of blue flame shot out along the path of the blade. It rose high into the air Above Nephilim and took the form of a giant flaming dagger. Kiri'Tas jumped into the air catching the blade in it's hands. 'SAY YOUR PRAYERS ROOKIE! THIS BELL TOLLS FOR THEE!" 

He screamed as he brought the flaming blade down upon Nephilim in a burst of flame and hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next